IGNORED

Villa v west Ham

Gillies Downs Leeds

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Villa currently trailing at half time 2-1. Hoping the hammers hold on, villa fans not currently very happy with Dean Smith, just 3 points above bottom 3. If they don't pick up soon think he will be gone. Shakespeare will most likely be available then. Put the band back together ?

Was just thinking same thing. Or would he become caretaker? 

12 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

If Shakespeare was available not sure he fits in with Curtis , though Nige would try to find a way I’m sure . Though I actually want Dean S to succeed . 

NP = Manager

Shakespeare = Assistant Manager

Fleming = First Team Coach

Alex Ball = back to u23s

Steve Walsh = Head of Recruitment

Maybe ?

26 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Very happy for Moyes after everything he has been through. Arguably a better achievement doing it with West Ham now than Everton before because the levels are much higher in the Premier League these days in my opinion.

As I saw someone say on Facebook... 

If Moyes hadn't managed Man Utd, everyone would probably be sauing he should manage Man Utd..! 

For some reason I couldn’t see him coming here. Even without the question of whether he’d want to, I believe Nige let Simpson and Downing go as he felt the setup was too crowded. I even think this may be why he was watching games from the stand previously and has now stopped. Would another coach coming in just overcrowd the first team setup again? 

Perhaps there’s a part of him that wants to prove himself without Shakespeare as well. Working relationships often drift apart and go their separate ways as time goes by. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

I'm old enough to remember when Moyes was a semi-serious suggestion to manager us when Cotterill left, and again in 2016 when LJ went on that horrible run of form. 

He has advised the board in the past apparently. Think he gave McInnes a glowing reference (!) 

As for Shakey, there is undoubtedly room in the set-up to accommodate another coach... his and Dean Smith's stock is still pretty high though so may be tricky to tempt back to the Championship. Then again, they are both English, so opportunities in the Premier League will be limited. 

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Very happy for Moyes after everything he has been through. Arguably a better achievement doing it with West Ham now than Everton before because the levels are much higher in the Premier League these days in my opinion.

Living in this part of the world i know it took West Ham fans a long time to warm to him and many didn’t want him reappointed so is a much better achievement. Just goes to show some clubs suit certain managers and vice versa. He navigated a tough period where they weren’t playing well and the fans were on his back but slowly turned it round, i saw them a couple of times and they were dire and boring to watch 

I see some parallels with Nige here at the moment and hopefully he’ll have the time to have a similar impact 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Perhaps there’s a part of him that wants to prove himself without Shakespeare as well. Working relationships often drift apart and go their separate ways as time goes by. 

That doesn't seem to be working out very well..! 

Let's hope he can get Shakespeare back to help him out, before we are too deep in relegation trouble, under his current experiment. 

I know a West Ham fan, a few in fact. Moyes really seems to have improved them and arguably if they bed in certain signings in certain ways, it can improve further stylistically. Areola I reckon is better in possession and better suited to a high line than say Fabianski and Vlasic is an exciting attacking player who is still relatively young.

If Smith does go, maybe Shakespeare will become available- Walsh is he still in USA?

7 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Living in this part of the world i know it took West Ham fans a long time to warm to him and many didn’t want him reappointed so is a much better achievement. Just goes to show some clubs suit certain managers and vice versa. He navigated a tough period where they weren’t playing well and the fans were on his back but slowly turned it round, i saw them a couple of times and they were dire and boring to watch 

I see some parallels with Nige here at the moment and hopefully he’ll have the time to have a similar impact 

A good friend of mine is a West Ham season ticket holder, and he didn’t want Moyes anywhere near the club second time around. Delighted now though!! I thought it helped that they played without the fans for a while, as pre pandemic it was getting pretty toxic. Gave Moyes time to develop the team without the extra stress/ pressure the fans would’ve brought. I would be surprised if things had worked out as well under normal circumstances.

12 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

A good friend of mine is a West Ham season ticket holder, and he didn’t want Moyes anywhere near the club second time around. Delighted now though!! I thought it helped that they played without the fans for a while, as pre pandemic it was getting pretty toxic. Gave Moyes time to develop the team without the extra stress/ pressure the fans would’ve brought. I would be surprised if things had worked out as well under normal circumstances.

It certainly helped defuse the situation as the atmosphere had become toxic, more against the owners it has to be said. 

• Like 1