IGNORED

False No 9

Abraham Romanovich

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How did o forget our own Bobby Reid and Pato. Doh!

NP has tried nearly everything this season...but could it be worth going for the double false 9 high press with our current squad?

Humour me... Ditch Wells and Martin and we've potentially got a group of players that could do what Reid and Pato did.

For example, Weimann and Scott as the '9's who press high, drop deep and find space between the lines.

At the moment we're fielding three central strikers and look blunt in attack, so what have we got to lose in terms of goal threat.

We're also evidently not stifling the opposition so let's try a more aggressive press.

No? Okay, but we're getting desperate!

1 hour ago, mozo said:

NP has tried nearly everything this season...but could it be worth going for the double false 9 high press with our current squad?

Humour me... Ditch Wells and Martin and we've potentially got a group of players that could do what Reid and Pato did.

For example, Weimann and Scott as the '9's who press high, drop deep and find space between the lines.

At the moment we're fielding three central strikers and look blunt in attack, so what have we got to lose in terms of goal threat.

We're also evidently not stifling the opposition so let's try a more aggressive press.

No? Okay, but we're getting desperate!

If you ignore the press high bit, it’s kind of what I’m suggesting in my team selection / system for Saturday, but with Wells and Scott playing off each other.