IGNORED

We cannot go on with ….

Ivorguy

We just can’t go on carrying no goal threat from Wells and Martin.

I watch better strikers in the Isthmian League than those two.

Only option is to play the youngsters:  Scott, Janneh, Bell, and,when fit, Conway until we can recruit in January.

Otherwise play one of the midfield as a striker if any are up to it 

one thing we can’t do is play Wells and Martin and expect a change in them.  They have both fallen off the Championship cliff.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Johnr1986 said:

I would like to see wells centrally with weimann and palmer around him , 

massengo , James, Williams when fit to try a assert midfield

back 4 of Dasilva, Atkinson (who has been quite poor in so games & gets off lightly on here imo) kalas and tanner 

Pring over Dasilva for me. Dasilva is so overated.

• Like 7

Seemed bizarre to me that at 2-0 when let’s face it, the game was over, he didn’t bring on Bell & give him 15-20 minutes to see what he could do.

That Martin stayed on all game, when he was struggling & could definitely have done with a breather was unfathomable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Seemed bizarre to me that at 2-0 when let’s face it, the game was over, he didn’t bring on Bell & give him 15-20 minutes to see what he could do.

That Martin stayed on all game, when he was struggling & could definitely have done with a breather was unfathomable.

Surely he cant start the same three again at Coventry on Saturday can he 

35 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Pring over Dasilva for me. Dasilva is so overated.

Tidy player, one Nige will likely push away if given more time, probably in favour of some washed up 33 year old. I don't think Dasilva is great, but a shite as we look we can't be picky with a player of his past-performances and obvious talents.

51 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Only option is to play the youngsters:  Scott, Janneh, Bell, and,when fit, Conway until we can recruit in January.

one thing we can’t do is play Wells and Martin and expect a change in them.  They have both fallen off the Championship cliff.

Maybe they could get a game for Leamington?

When all fit- a big if with us...

Bentley

Tanner Kalas Atkinson DaSilva

James Massengo Williams

Weimann Wells Semenyo

Sort of wide strikers but not central- I would say Martin but perhaps rotate him and Martin...or maybe Scott wider right, Semenyo wider left and Weimann in the middle for a change- with Martin and Wells on the bench.

Weimann and Semenyo- or if Scott-Weimann-Semenyo then Scott and Semenyo- would have to help out wide out of possession, in the defensive phases etc.

Subs: O'Leary, Vyner, Baker, Pring, King, Scott, Martin

Pring would be LM or LB, Vyner could be considered versatile I guess.

Bold=Injured, Italicised=technically available but probably not fully fit yet. James of course we have to wait and see on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When all fit- a big if with us...

Bentley

Tanner Kalas Atkinson DaSilva

James Massengo Williams

Weimann Wells Semenyo

Sort of wide strikers but not central- I would say Martin but perhaps rotate him and Martin...or maybe Scott wider right, Semenyo wider left and Weimann in the middle for a change- with Martin and Wells on the bench.

Weimann and Semenyo- or if Scott-Weimann-Semenyo then Scott and Semenyo- would have to help out wide out of possession, in the defensive phases etc.

Subs: O'Leary, Vyner, Baker, Pring, King, Scott, Martin

Pring would be LM or LB, Vyner could be considered versatile I guess.

Bold=Injured, Italicised=technically available but probably not fully fit yet. James of course we have to wait and see on.

I think Williams is the big miss.

Things seemed to fall apart as soon as he went off in that Bournemouth game and have continued to look calamitous.

Thing is, he's our only defensive-minded midfielder who is young enough to run back and not be caught stranded upfield when he makes attacking moves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Although I tend to agree with the sentiment, I wouldn’t want to play up front in this team. No composure on the ball, no patterns of play (unless the pattern is getting rid of it like a hot potato ), just utter dross. COYR 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Williams is the big miss.

Things seemed to fall apart as soon as he went off in that Bournemouth game and have continued to look calamitous.

Thing is, he's our only defensive-minded midfielder who is young enough to run back and not be caught stranded upfield when he makes attacking moves. 

He's a major miss for sure, but that competition, those options- the possibility that yes if you don't buck ideas up, Baker might be LB or even in at CB is also missing- King to help see out games or play now and then- Williams definitely the big miss and Semenyo I think would give us if nothing else a bit of tactical symmetry as well as the attributes we know he has- he can help out on the left, Wells? No chance.

I do think if fit and getting a bit of a run that CM 3 could be very useful.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous