IGNORED

Tonight

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That said I understand why people are defensive of him, but at the moment I think both sides can probably accept that there are good arguments for and against retaining him.

As of today, what are the good arguments to sack him? I don't think I have even seen anyone suggested he should be sacked...

34 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Ryan Lowe.

Please explain then. What would he do to turn us around. A manager with no championship experience . How would he get more out of a club in decline. How would he get more out of largely a squad of players that are not good enough. It’s quite easy to just put a name on here . I’m genuinely interested . 
Do you not recognise the shit the club has been in behind the scenes . IMHO there isn’t a manager attainable that can turn us around quickly . We were told it’s a three year rebuild & it won’t be turned around overnight. It’s lazy imo to just blame the manager. It’s something we have to go through & get through it. If we do get relegated then it’s on one man & that ain’t Pearson . 

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That said I understand why people are defensive of him, but at the moment I think both sides can probably accept that there are good arguments for and against retaining him.

Do you think the majority of ‘defensive’ people are defensive of him or of the situation?

My gripe has long been with other parts of the club.

I didnt think Lee Johnson made the most of his situation and should have had us in the play offs twice but failed. However I also see how it’s challenging when having to ship players on and Ashton brining in poor replacements.

I had every sympathy for Dean Holden and whilst I accept why he went, i feel sorry for the shittiest of hands he was dealt iro injuries and the complete mismanagement of finances and contracts. 

I was glad that we appointed someone like Nigel Pearson but have posted numerous times that I don’t know if he will be a success or not. I do know the ‘hand’ the club dealt with Holden is just as shitty for him and therefor I have no faith that sacking him and bringing someone else in improves our lot.

This is just a ‘what if’ I know, but say Pearson goes and we bring in Ryan Lowe what happens if he fails? Where would the fault lie for what would be the previous 5/6 years from that Autumn of 2017?

In contrast, your posts are always interesting and it seems like you have balanced view of things, do you honestly feel that the club is in any shape that Ryan Lowe would be a success? Also what is success for Ryan Lowe.

Bit of a ramble, sorry, I just think that for me it’s not about Pearson as an individual, or Holden for that matter, but the club as a whole and what it will take to fix it. 

Im still not convinced that changing managers in the next couple of months helps.

To be fair, most sensible OTIBrs on here still support Nige P.
We all get frustrated after another defeat but in the cold light of day, most fans will see that this shambles of a team are culminations of mistakes made prior to NP. Got to give him until the end of the season as too many players are just not Championship standard. 
It is also becoming pretty obvious that a lot of players do not like the “three line whip” NP has installed.
Fit in or **** off you lazy bastards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Do you think the majority of ‘defensive’ people are defensive of him or of the situation?

My gripe has long been with other parts of the club.

I didnt think Lee Johnson made the most of his situation and should have had us in the play offs twice but failed. However I also see how it’s challenging when having to ship players on and Ashton brining in poor replacements.

I had every sympathy for Dean Holden and whilst I accept why he went, i feel sorry for the shittiest of hands he was dealt iro injuries and the complete mismanagement of finances and contracts. 

I was glad that we appointed someone like Nigel Pearson but have posted numerous times that I don’t know if he will be a success or not. I do know the ‘hand’ the club dealt with Holden is just as shitty for him and therefor I have no faith that sacking him and bringing someone else in improves our lot.

This is just a ‘what if’ I know, but say Pearson goes and we bring in Ryan Lowe what happens if he fails? Where would the fault lie for what would be the previous 5/6 years from that Autumn of 2017?

In contrast, your posts are always interesting and it seems like you have balanced view of things, do you honestly feel that the club is in any shape that Ryan Lowe would be a success? Also what is success for Ryan Lowe.

Bit of a ramble, sorry, I just think that for me it’s not about Pearson as an individual, or Holden for that matter, but the club as a whole and what it will take to fix it. 

Im still not convinced that changing managers in the next couple of months helps.

100% . As I’ve said , imo it’s lazy to just call for the managers head. I’m not supportive of Pearson because of the man but because of the situation . Look at Tuesday . Just one snippet , vyner getting bullied & the wrong side of Deeney for the second goal . There’s a reason why Zak’s not been in the squad & it’s because he’s not good enough. I’m using it as a example not just calling him out. The truth is we’ve got too many like Zak . Not good enough & this goes back to the root of the problem . Lansdown allowing Ashton to let the wage bill climb but reducing the quality in the squad. The prime example of this is Kasey Palmer. 
there was a big clear out in the summer & one or two I’m sure Pearson would of kept but finances dictated. How did we get into a situation where 12-13 players contracts had ran down . No sell on value at all. It’s dereliction of duty. How would changing a manager sort this mess out. There’s another 5 or 6 that need to go but who’s going to take them on the wages they're on & where’s the money coming from to replace them. Lansdown yet again has created his own problems. Point the finger at the real problem.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes we will go down if this carries on . To not blame the people who put us in this mess though is very blinkered . Who assembled the squad in general ? Who employed the person who assembled this squad. With a spiralling wage bill & clear neglect that allowed 12 players to walk away with out being able to recoup any money on them. Was that Nigel Pearson ? I’ll answer that. The answer is no. He’s inherited a ******* mess of a club that’s been allowed to drift rudderless for 4 years . However , some people want to blame the manager , who in relative terms has been here 5 minutes. 
Please name a manager that would be attainable , that could come in & turn it around in just a few games. With what is quite honestly a squad that is largely not fit for purpose. 

Give it a rest. Most say Pearson should be doing better unless you disagree with that.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

100% . As I’ve said , imo it’s lazy to just call for the managers head. I’m not supportive of Pearson because of the man but because of the situation . Look at Tuesday . Just one snippet , vyner getting bullied & the wrong side of Deeney for the second goal . There’s a reason why Zak’s not been in the squad & it’s because he’s not good enough. I’m using it as a example not just calling him out. The truth is we’ve got too many like Zak . Not good enough & this goes back to the root of the problem . Lansdown allowing Ashton to let the wage bill climb but reducing the quality in the squad. The prime example of this is Kasey Palmer. 
there was a big clear out in the summer & one or two I’m sure Pearson would of kept but finances dictated. How did we get into a situation where 12-13 players contracts had ran down . No sell on value at all. It’s dereliction of duty. How would changing a manager sort this mess out. There’s another 5 or 6 that need to go but who’s going to take them on the wages they're on & where’s the money coming from to replace them. Lansdown yet again has created his own problems. Point the finger at the real problem.  

Vyner who HE brought into the team.

8 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

If we do get relegated (I don't think we will by the way) then of course a lot of that fault would be on Pearson's shoulders, he's the manager of the football team for gods sake.

The absolution of Pearson of any blame is quite astounding at times.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Vyner who HE brought into the team.

This the reason I call you out. Nothing personal but it’s embarrassing. 
Read my post properly . It was a example & because of injury had no choice but to use him . As I said . This is where the squad is. It’s not good enough but it’s what Pearson has inherited . 
But it’s ok , you just pick one word out of a post and repost with a idiotic reply . Super  ???  yeah right. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As of today, what are the good arguments to sack him? I don't think I have even seen anyone suggested he should be sacked...

Pretty much the only argument for sacking a manager is, presumably, “He’s not doing very well, let’s replace him with someone who could do better”?

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Give it a rest. Most say Pearson should be doing better unless you disagree with that.

You really don’t read or can’t read properly. I said I defend the situation he’s in. So your & others lazy response is to sack the manager. When the next one comes in & can’t get a tune of the players because they’re not good enough , what do you do then ? 

4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

"Cult " like.

You still haven’t answered my reply to you . How would royal Lowe turn us around ? 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

This the reason I call you out. Nothing personal but it’s embarrassing. 
Read my post properly . It was a example & because of injury had no choice but to use him . As I said . This is where the squad is. It’s not good enough but it’s what Pearson has inherited . 
But it’s ok , you just pick one word out of a post and repost with a idiotic reply . Super  ???  yeah right. 

So we had no other option but to play Vyner? He didn't have to play 3 CB's.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Pretty much the only argument for sacking a manager is, presumably, “He’s not doing very well, let’s replace him with someone who could do better”?

This is where the argument is lazy . How & who would come in to turn around this current squad . I mean lansdowns history with picking managers is outstanding isn’t it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You really don’t read or can’t read properly. I said I defend the situation he’s in. So your & others lazy response is to sack the manager. When the next one comes in & can’t get a tune of the players because they’re not good enough , what do you do then ? 

You still haven’t answered my reply to you . How would royal Lowe turn us around ? 

I do to a point but performances and results should be better. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

So we had no other option but to play Vyner? He didn't have to play 3 CB's.

? yes he did to match up Birmingham & try to stop us leaking goals  but also to be more solid in midfield. But yet again your completely missing the point . My post wasn’t about Zak per se but about the lack of quality in the squad & how we’ve got to this point. Read the bloody post properly . 

• Confused 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

? yes he did to match up Birmingham & try to stop us leaking goals  but also to be more solid in midfield. But yet again your completely missing the point . My post wasn’t about Zak per se but about the lack of quality in the squad & how we’ve got to this point. Read the bloody post properly . 

I don't get your point tbh. You said he had no choice but to use Vyner and i pointed out that he did.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I do to a point but performances and results should be better. 

I fully expected us to be where we are . I said in the summer this season will be a grind. The players simply are not good enough . You can debate selection & tactics yes. However , the bigger question is. Why has he drafted young lads like benorous into the squad ahead of KP  or brought in a kid at right back who has shown ( and it’s not a dig at him) to be learning on the job ) over vyner . He’s trying to find solutions & plug leaks . My overall point is. Like  O’driscoll , Pearson is picking up the pieces for mistakes made behind the scenes. Mistakes that the owner never learns from . 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Who could do better?

Ryan Lowe  apparently but  no explanation as to why 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I fully expected us to be where we are . I said in the summer this season will be a grind. The players simply are not good enough . You can debate selection & tactics yes. However , the bigger question is. Why has he drafted young lads like benorous into the squad ahead of KP  or brought in a kid at right back who has shown ( and it’s not a dig at him) to be learning on the job ) over vyner . He’s trying to find solutions & plug leaks . My overall point is. Like  O’driscoll , Pearson is picking up the pieces for mistakes made behind the scenes. Mistakes that the owner never learns from . 

Ryan Lowe  apparently but  no explanation as to why 

Fair point.