IGNORED

Lyle Taylor - Fair play

Red Skin

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/unite/lyles-pink-october-2021

Didn't know this.   Don't usually watch MOTDx but he was on it just now.  The pink hair is a fundraiser for cancer research.   He comes across well.  Fair play to the lad. 

Apologies if already posted.

I think he's been doing this for a good while. Certainly was for last season's away game v Forest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think he's been doing this for a good while. Certainly was for last season's away game v Forest.

Also did this during his time with Charlton. 

Fantastic to see! 

The idea seems a great way to raise awareness to the younger generation as well. Younger fans will ask the question about the pink hair. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Yep he only went and explained it a year ago, again this year and probably next year. The people booing him are thick.

You sound extremely level headed. Calling people thick because they haven't heard a footballer explain (all of twice) why he does what he does? Jeez.

And well done to Lyle, an actual level headed man.

Edited by TheReds
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

You sound extremely level headed. Calling people thick because they haven't heard a footballer explain (all of twice) why he does what he does? Jeez.

And well done to Lyle, an actual level headed man.

It doesn’t take much to find out ‘ type pink hair, Lyle Taylor ‘ into google. Whether I’m level headed or not has nothing to do with this. 

booing someone in general because they have pink hair is thick!

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It doesn’t take much to find out ‘ type pink hair, Lyle Taylor ‘ into google. Whether I’m level headed or not has nothing to do with this. 

booing someone in general because they have pink hair is thick!

To be honest more were laughing, rather than booing.

It's not like everyone reads everything about every player on other teams, so I, too, thought his hair was a rather bizarre footballer affectation. There are lots of other players with questionable and occasionally ludicrous hairstyles.

I'm glad it was posted on this thread to explain and, yes, the man does deserve plaudits for raising so much cash for a very good cause.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest more were laughing, rather than booing.

It's not like everyone reads everything about every player on other teams, so I, too, thought his hair was a rather bizarre footballer affectation. There are lots of other players with questionable and occasionally ludicrous hairstyles.

I'm glad it was posted on this thread to explain and, yes, the man does deserve plaudits for raising so much cash for a very good cause.

Sorry RR, like Emission above, I did know why he does it and do send a small contribution every year. Maybe I should have stated publicly as to why he does it.

Bad on my part, apologies.