IGNORED

Been obvious for weeks

Waconda

4 minutes ago, tin said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would get a different tune out of these players IMO. They’re soft physically and mentally, and have no pride or desire to better themselves. They’re more than happy picking up their wages in their comfortable surroundings. That’s not an opinion formed now, it’s one formed over two years. 

You have hit the nail on the head...These current players are a joke and dont deserve 3000 fans giving their support today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

How does that work for early season on the back of pre-season then when there was confidence and belief?  Did he drum it in and then back out again?

Genuine question as you appear to have great insight from the training ground?

No special insight, just watching them play, and gradually implode.

What is happening to us is not that unusual in team sports but there is a tipping point where it becomes too late to salvage the situation.

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agree re players who couldnt care less, but 7 of them were brought in by pearson in an attempt to instill his standards on the rest, but arguably they arent good enough, and the standards havent raised. If pearson cant get them organised and motivated and hard to play against, whichnis what a nigel pearson side should be, then he shouldnt be here.

And how many of them were playing today? Tanner (who is a massive work in progress)…and that’s about it! 

100% this squad is better than this. They aren’t buying into NP. Rightly or wrongly on their part, this won’t turn around under NP. Think it is pretty damning put best football over the last 6 weeks were with Fleming taking charge. Pererborough away and first half today there was fight and energy. Unfortunately we caved under the pressure yet again today. 

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Nobody expects anything unrealistic. 

But NP needs to add value. Presumably you think we'd be a whole lot worse without him? I don't. 

No, I don’t. But I genuinely believe not even Guardiola or Bielsa could get any more out of this poor squad. We are a rabble, and have been for two years.

17 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agree re players who couldnt care less, but 7 of them were brought in by pearson in an attempt to instill his standards on the rest, but arguably they arent good enough, and the standards havent raised. If pearson cant get them organised and motivated and hard to play against, whichnis what a nigel pearson side should be, then he shouldnt be here.

To be fair, I did think we were hard to play against and then NP got the virus for a second time. Since then, and in his absence, it seems to me like they’ve gone back to their old ways. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

100% this squad is better than this. They aren’t buying into NP. Rightly or wrongly on their part, this won’t turn around under NP. Think it is pretty damning put best football over the last 6 weeks were with Fleming taking charge. Pererborough away and first half today there was fight and energy. Unfortunately we caved under the pressure yet again today. 

This

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'll tell you Wtf I do understand.

Any decent manager makes his team more than the sum of their parts, win or lose. 

Pearson is doing the opposite.

I just don’t think we are good enough. Nobody will get a tune out of this group of players. Our starting eleven today… Pring, Scott, Tanner, Vyner, Bakinson are a mix between youth and League 1 players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I get what you’re saying, but caved in today (?), or stopped fighting and being energetic?

1 hour ago, tin said:

Because he knows his hands are tied! WTF don’t you understand? The players are soft as shit, and it doesn’t matter who’s in charge for as long as we have these players. That’s on MA but the buck stops with SL.

Why take the job then? And a decent manager should be able to get more out of a team than he has so far. The progress has been poor

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I get what you’re saying, but caved in today (?), or stopped fighting and being energetic?

Bit of both I would say. Felt like we lost impetus with the changes. We lost energy with the changes imo and from there it felt like a case of here we go again. Like we lost belief we could win or we had to sit on our lead. I can’t really explain it but felt like belief just got sucked from the squad and the energy went then few minutes later the fight left as they were first to everything. 

If I try again felt like we had a gameplan everyone was on board with. Then we decided to change too many things. Dasilva come on and we moved O’Dowda central and pring forward. Then put Wells on and moved players around again and seemed like no one knew their job or whether to attack or defend

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why take the job then? And a decent manager should be able to get more out of a team than he has so far. The progress has been poor

Granted I think NP needs to get more from this bunch but seriously what are people expecting? Honestly? This is a desperately poor squad of players. If we were in L1 with this squad we wouldn’t get promoted. Yes NP needs to do more but people are over looking how bad this squad is.

I’m not excusing NP or these dismal displays, but with such a clear out in the summer followed by a lack of investment, plus no recruitment structure in place surely there isn’t one person that expected anymore than middle table? Mid table at an absolute push as well.

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The progress has been poor because the players we have are poor. It’s as simple as that IMO. The ones who’ve been here for a while have been cruising for at least two years and the youngsters are not good enough for this level yet. The chances are they never will be. It’s not difficult to see.