IGNORED

Warnock

Sturny

Warnock   

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I didn’t think Pearson was the right man for us but it’s a lesser of 2 evils. I don’t like Pearson but i cannot stand Warnock

Exactly my thoughts - said at the time Pearson did not convince me but I would be happy if he succeeded - we seem at many times to be worse now - but Warnock - Never

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

How many dinosaurs have we had?  We have given young Mangers at the start of their careers more opportunities than most clubs.

And Lee Johnson gave us the best football and highest league position in years. Warnock, Houghton and McCarthy gone. Pearson on the hot seat. All dinosaurs. When I say no more I mean the game has moved away from these types.

Hard to play keep it tight at the back and pump balls forward for the odd flick on. You need someone who will drill in high intensity defending/pressing and allowing for creative freedom. Don’t get me wrong, we wouldn’t be world beaters with this squad regardless of our set up but we aren’t squeezing out as much as we can from some of these players. I think if you look at Coventry, they lacked quality at times but they were relentless. Even down to 10 men they were willing to close down quickly and get forward quickly. They were brave in possession and played their way out of trouble often times. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

He’s 73- with the best will in the world…

Not sure what age has to do with it

30 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Personality aside, Warnock needs a squad of players with big frames. 

We have powder-puff 5'9" players. 

On reflection, I fear it would fail. Badly. 

It can’t get any worse 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Weird timing though? Got a good point away at WBA.

Interview on the tele with Warnock saying that, even though his contract was until the end of the season, it would have been wrong for him to spend money on the '3 or 4' required with the new man due at season end. It made more sense to change now and give the new man the opportunity to spend in January, where he saw fit.

Quite honest and refreshing tbh.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2