IGNORED

Daniel farke

MC RISK77

On 07/11/2021 at 00:43, maxjak said:

Great end of  MOTD show sign off by our Gary............."Daniel Farkes Off"   ......"Goodnight".

I’d never think of him as ‘our Gary’ - he doesn’t represent me, his social media posts are pathetic and he takes over £1m a year from BBC licence fees to read off an autocue ... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’d never think of him as ‘our Gary’ - he doesn’t represent me, his social media posts are pathetic and he takes over £1m a year from BBC licence fees to read off an autocue ... 

I suppose if you were offered a million a year to do the same, you’d politely decline?

I would suggest it’s more those who choose to pay him that salary should be questioned. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is without doubt the most biased, hostile drivel it has been my misfortune to read     about an outstanding Ex England International footballer and consummate broadcaster,  but then again, seeing  as it is  quite obvious that you are an expert at how a TV studio and broadcast works,    you are entitled to your opinion?  Ha! ?

Edited by maxjak

56 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That is without doubt the most biased, hostile drivel it has been my misfortune to read     about an outstanding Ex England International footballer and consummate broadcaster,  but then again, seeing  as it is  quite obvious that you are an expert at how a TV studio and broadcast works,    you are entitled to your opinion?  Ha! ?

Funnily enough, I worked with the media for over 30 years - so yes, I know how it works. I never questioned Lineker’s contribution as a footballer - you’re right, he was an outstanding servant to our game. But no need for you to overreact because I didn’t agree with your cosy ‘our Gary’ description relating to his broadcast career. He seems to think he’s a politician and social commentator too judging by his silly social media posts. If you think my tame response was the ‘most biased, hostile drivel’ you have ever read, then I can only assume you don’t read much ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Funnily enough, I worked with the media for over 30 years - so yes, I know how it works. I never questioned Lineker’s contribution as a footballer - you’re right, he was an outstanding servant our game. But no need for you to overreact because I didn’t agree with your cosy ‘our Gary’ description relating to his broadcast career. He seems to think he’s a politician and social commentator too judging by his silly social media posts. 

Yawn.

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yawn.

What a pathetic response - you attempted to ridicule me by saying I didn’t know how the media works, you get schooled by me telling you I’ve worked with the media for over three decades and you reply “yawn” - how juvenile that is, typical of the modern generations, get found out and run away with a pathetic one word reply ... oh well, pity you can’t debate intelligently - “yawn” what a childish and pathetic reply ...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a pathetic response - you attempted to ridicule me by saying I didn’t know how the media works, you get schooled by me telling you I’ve worked with the media for over three decades and you reply “yawn” - how juvenile that is, typical of the modern generations, get found out and run away with a pathetic one word reply ... oh well, pity you can’t debate intelligently - “yawn” what a childish and pathetic reply ...

Double Yawn ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Double Yawn ?

Why do you bother? Wow, oh well, you’ll probably carry on in your life slagging people off on all the ‘anonymous’ platforms we have now, so you don’t even have to be big and brave, and when you are found out you can carry on panicking when you realise you are out of your depth, and then you can offer pathetic responses in a vain attempt to hide your total inadequacies in terms of debate and collaboration in the modern world - probably not your fault, it was so much easier growing up in the ‘70s and ‘80s - wonderful, easy times when online creatures like you didn’t exist - bliss! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why do you bother? Wow, oh well, you’ll probably carry on in your life slagging people off on all the ‘anonymous’ platforms we have now, so you don’t even have to be big and brave, and when you are found out you can carry on panicking when you realise you are out of your depth, and then you can offer pathetic responses in a vain attempt to hide your total inadequacies in terms of debate and collaboration in the modern world - probably not your fault, it was so much easier growing up in the ‘70s and ‘80s - wonderful, easy times when online creatures like you didn’t exist - bliss! 

For a sneering troll.....you are very easily wound up.  Lighten up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Try chilling ffs. The guy is entitled to his opinion, and that includes him posting a yawn to your comment.

And calling him an online creature is pretty pathetic, if you stop and think about it.

PS and the 70s and 80s were NOT bliss, they just weren't.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Try chilling ffs. The guy is entitled to his opinion, and that includes him posting a yawn to your comment

Fair enough, and I have consistently stood up for people expressing all sorts of opinions on here - telling me to ‘chill ffs’ is weird though, I couldn’t be more chilled. But, the poster you are supporting, in case you missed it, he or she laid into me when I questioned their cosy view of Gary Lineker (like I said, he or she, you posted and referred to that poster as a ‘he’ - it’s dangerous to assume in this modern age) - they then replied saying I don’t know how the media works - I replied saying I’ve worked with the media for over 30 years, so I DO know how they work; the intelligent one replied ‘yawn’ rather than debate and be educated  so they were obviously admitting they got it wrong and then you leap in to defend them ... so you think ‘yawn’ is fine even though it’s obvious that poster realised they got it very wrong, people posting crap then running away is fine by you? Fair enough

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, maxjak said:

For a sneering troll.....you are very easily wound up.  Lighten up.

I’m not sneering or a troll, grow up. You told me I didn’t know how the media works - I told you I’d worked with the media for over 30 years, you replied ‘yawn’ - in no way was I sneering or a troll - you just panicked when you realised you’d told a media expert he knew nothing about the media ... ??

• Like 2

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not sneering or a troll, grow up. You told me I didn’t know how the media works - I told you I’d worked with the media for over 30 years, you replied ‘yawn’ - in no way was I sneering or a troll - you just panicked when you realised you’d told a media expert he knew nothing about the media ... ??

:laugh: 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You haven’t got a clue, I’ve worked with all the main tv channels, including producing an undercover documentary exposing international criminals ... you carrying on laughing though ...

Don't mind if we do   :laugh:

Let the guesswork begin... are you Alan Partidge North Norfolk Nights, Up with the Partridge?

Do you want a second series?

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I have resisted mentioning it until now, but as you are constantly harping on that you are apparently   Mr Media expert, I thought i would point it out, as you never shut up about your 30 years, as man and boy?  I worked at the BBC Whiteladies Road and London TV Centre for a  combination of 14 years, most of the time on location or in a studio, I then went freelance.  I have seen Michael Burke, Johnny Morris and Chris Packham, among many others close up  and using an auto cue.  I have never met Gary Lineker, but I can see he is a natural in front of the camera, who makes a difficult job look easy.  Calling someone "pathetic" , who you have never met or spent time with, is  in my eyes   trolling...............Now please go away, Mr Media Tycoon.   

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I have resisted mentioning it until now, but as you are constantly harping on that you are apparently   Mr Media expert, I thought i would point it out, as you never shut up about your 30 years, as man and boy?  I worked at the BBC Whiteladies Road and London TV Centre for a  combination of 14 years, most of the time on location or in a studio, I then went freelance.  I have seen Michael Burke, Johnny Morris and Chris Packham, among many others close up  and using an auto cue.  I have never met Gary Lineker, but I can see he is a natural in front of the camera, who makes a difficult job look easy.  Calling someone "pathetic" , who you have never met or spent time with, is  in my eyes   trolling...............Now please go away, Mr Media Tycoon.   

I met Noel Edmunds once, he is very short.

2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

i sat next to mark lawrenson on a flight from Bristol too Mallorca a few years ago , ( he was a real miserable sod).

Peter Andre was 2 rows in front of us on a flight into the UK (economy class). Spent the whole trip chatting with people, signing autographs and having his picture taken. On landing spent time to thank all of the crew individually.

56 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

i sat next to mark lawrenson on a flight from Bristol too Mallorca a few years ago , ( he was a real miserable sod).

Lawrenson was a member at my gym, routinely parked his car straddling two disabled slots right outside the front door. Often did a double take at my City shirt I exercised in (a rare sight here in darkest Merseyside). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

I met Noel Edmunds once, he is very short.

I once ushered Shane Ritchie at a cinema. He approached, shook my hand and said "Hi, I'm Shane" with a great deal of self-importance. 

So don't talk to me about TV like I don't know nuffink about it!!

• Like 1