IGNORED

Coventry ratings

sglosbcfc

Just now, sglosbcfc said:

Just read Bristol  Post ratings for yesterday and it says pretty much everyone played well. Even handed out an 8 to Pring. I only listened to the match on the radio but are the marks generous? If not, how did we end up losing?

Obviously watching a different game. No one deserves an 8, no one deserves more than a 6.

I think there were some individual average performances out there.

4 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

In all fairness I thought Cameron was good yesterday also George Tanner with very little support, Coventrys wingers never left the touch lines making loads of space it was a welled drilled team 

We all love a trier but Tanner is becoming a bit untouchable on here.

What on earth was he doing for the second goal? Nowhere near quick enough to block the shot that went in.

At fault (with Vyner) for Birmingham’s second, too.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Just read Bristol  Post ratings for yesterday and it says pretty much everyone played well. Even handed out an 8 to Pring. I only listened to the match on the radio but are the marks generous? If not, how did we end up losing?

I would have given an 8 to Bakinson but nobody else. Pring played well at LB instead of needlessly being asked to take Scott' place for DaSilva to come on and play cr@p, I would have given Pring 7. Nobody else more than a 6. COD 7 for 1st half, 2 for 2nd half. 

Management team for dumb use of subs, 2/10.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I would have given an 8 to Bakinson but nobody else. Pring played well at LB instead of needlessly being asked to take Scott' place for DaSilva to come on and play cr@p, I would have given Pring 7. Nobody else more than a 6. COD 7 for 1st half, 2 for 2nd half. 

Management team for dumb use of subs, 2/10.

Why have you given the management team as high as 2 ?

19 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

There would of been some personal good performers by one or two. However none played well enough to get over a six in this championship league. 

Do not forget the opposing team only had ten players and we had eleven players. Our players can not perform at this level week in and week out.

2 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

In all fairness I thought Cameron was good yesterday also George Tanner with very little support, Coventrys wingers never left the touch lines making loads of space it was a welled drilled team 

This happens almost every game, the opposition know our biggest weakness and we just can't seem to work out how to defend it!

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

This happens almost every game, the opposition know our biggest weakness and we just can't seem to work out how to defend it!

Its literally the easiest way to counter a system with wing backs.

Don't get it, we obviously don't trust Atkinson and Kalas so need to play 3 at the back, or we simply don't believe in the likes of o dowda and semenyo. 

We certainly miss an Elliason type option. 

4 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Its literally the easiest way to counter a system with wing backs.

Don't get it, we obviously don't trust Atkinson and Kalas so need to play 3 at the back, or we simply don't believe in the likes of o dowda and semenyo. 

We certainly miss an Elliason type option. 

Too bloody right!

And at the end of matches, when we're on our uppers, where is the bloke who can pick the ball up outside our box and dribble it up to one of their corner flags? 

We put 11 men in the box, use guys who have little defensive qualities but are quick, merely as pawns to (hopefully) block shots in. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What on earth was he doing for the second goal? Nowhere near quick enough to block the shot that went in.

He was one of the few players who was still trying to take it to Coventry in the second half. Him and HNM were actually trying to take them to the sword but the forwards and midfield just will not move or try and get down the channel to offer.

At full strength defensively I think we have good players but we really need to improve tactically in off the ball situations (particularly the midfield and forwards) and also make far more intelligent forward runs. We must be so easy to defend against.

• Like 3

IMO at least 7 players did enough to deserve a positive mark: Bentley, Kalas, O'Dowda, Scott, Bakinson, Weimann, Martin. Massengo had some good moments too, not sure about the others.

There were some mistakes and  less cohesion/energy in the second half, but I didn't find our performance as bad as it was described here.

Obvoiusly it doesn't change our need of improvement.

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

IMO at least 7 players did enough to deserve a positive mark: Bentley, Kalas, O'Dowda, Scott, Bakinson, Weimann, Martin. Massengo had some good moments too, not sure about the others.

There were some mistakes and  less cohesion/energy in the second half, but I didn't find our performance as bad as it was described here.

Obvoiusly it doesn't change our need of improvement.

Massengo gets sod all from me because his lack of concentration in injury time lost us the game. Same with Bentley and Kalas on the second goal. Players doing alright for 94 minutes out of 96 doesn't cut it at that level on those wages. If I get 98% of my work right and the other 2% costs my Client big time firstly I could be looking at a PI Insurance Claim made against me and secondly I don't get the repeat business not to mention the reputational damage. No ******* about in my industry. These boys get chance after chance after chance to make mistakes, the same mistakes too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

GT has had just a handful of games at L2, and is thrown into a struggling Championship team, with no support on too many occasions. Pring has little experience, Atkinson was in National League two seasons ago, Vyner has been around a while but struggling at this level. Same with Bakinson, HNM is still young and not yet lived up to the hype consistently. All still learning, the experience mostly in the forwards, all struggling with 3 games a week, playing in a side lacking confidence. Nothing much on the bench, if you exclude one inconsistent expensive signing who is clearly out of favour.

1 hour ago, Mr Chappers said:

GT has had just a handful of games at L2, and is thrown into a struggling Championship team, with no support on too many occasions. Pring has little experience, Atkinson was in National League two seasons ago, Vyner has been around a while but struggling at this level. Same with Bakinson, HNM is still young and not yet lived up to the hype consistently. All still learning, the experience mostly in the forwards, all struggling with 3 games a week, playing in a side lacking confidence. Nothing much on the bench, if you exclude one inconsistent expensive signing who is clearly out of favour.

To be pedantic Tanner has played 65 times at L2 level, which certainly isn’t a handful, but you are right, expecting him to make the massive leap in standard & then become first choice RB straight away is a huge ask.

The two bigger points are as you rightly say, the balance of experience in the side is skewed (& made far worse on Saturday by the absence of Baker, James, King & Williams), plus if we are to blood youngsters then a gung ho approach that is sometimes suggested by others on here is quite frankly, madness.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kolsch said:

He was one of the few players who was still trying to take it to Coventry in the second half. Him and HNM were actually trying to take them to the sword but the forwards and midfield just will not move or try and get down the channel to offer.

At full strength defensively I think we have good players but we really need to improve tactically in off the ball situations (particularly the midfield and forwards) and also make far more intelligent forward runs. We must be so easy to defend against.

Strange our manager was a centre back. You would think at least area we would be OK. Oh I forgot NP doesn't coach does he.

25 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Strange our manager was a centre back. You would think at least area we would be OK. Oh I forgot NP doesn't coach does he.

Atkinson and Kallas are good centre defenders in this division.

The problem is them and their full backs get minimal help from their midfielders.

• Like 1

pring was ok at left back until dasilva came on, his game went to shit, on 3 occasions we were passing the ball until it got too pring, the move ended with pring holding onto the ball instead of laying it off and eventually losing it in the tackle, AND HE GOT ******* 8, NONSENSE.