IGNORED

Coventry Support

Red Skin

Gotta say the Coventry support yesterday was fantastic.  Loud all day even when going behind.   That incessant drum never let up to give us a chance to getting going.   Just shows what you can do even in a souless bowl (though the lack of gaps between stand probably keeps the noise in). 

• Thanks 1

Best home support I’ve witnessed all season. And probably for a fair while before that too. 
Having been up there a few times it was always very poor in the past so it took me by surprise. 
I think it took our 3k by surprise too. There was plenty of noise from us in the concourse before the game but once out in the bowl our fans were completely drowned out and hardly a single song of ours managed to get across our whole end. 
Hats off to Cov fans - I thought they were brilliant. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Best home support I’ve witnessed all season. And probably for a fair while before that too. 
Having been up there a few times it was always very poor in the past so it took me by surprise. 
I think it took our 3k by surprise too. There was plenty of noise from us in the concourse before the game but once out in the bowl our fans were completely drowned out and hardly a single song of ours managed to get across our whole end. 

Snap they were brilliant- shows just how it can be done to create an atmosphere in a ground hey 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Snap they were brilliant- shows just how it can be done to create an atmosphere in a ground hey 

Exactly, It’s harder to create an atmosphere in a bowl like the Ricoh than it is in a enclosed Ashton gate . Fair play to them .

i will add though majority of their fans on social media are absolute belters .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Exactly, It’s harder to create an atmosphere in a bowl like the Ricoh than it is in a enclosed Ashton gate . Fair play to them .

i will add though majority of their fans on social media are absolute belters .

The majority of fans on social media are absolute belters

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Maybe some of our younger fans peaked a bit too early!!  ?

It was bit phasing when alot of their songs were 'city' themed and were the one we usually sing!!  Do we join in or try and sing it after them?   We do need some more songs unique to us.  

Yeah I've seen a few people say this.

Surprises me as I've always thought of Coventry at the Ricoh as a dreadful place for atmosphere.

My recollections are of the ground always looking half empty, which photos appear to show was also the case yesterday.

I suppose it demonstrates the effect that a positive feeling around a club can have on the atmosphere! Coventry fans must be loving life right now - contrast that with the feeling around Ashton Gate.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Surprises me as I've always thought of Coventry at the Ricoh as a dreadful place for atmosphere.

My recollections are of the ground always looking half empty, which photos appear to show was also the case yesterday.

I suppose it demonstrates the effect that a positive feeling around a club can have on the atmosphere! Coventry fans must be loving life right now - contrast that with the feeling around Ashton Gate.....

They’ve got that ‘bounce’ feeling and results that we should’ve had our first year back in the Championship under Cotts.  Oh what might have been.  Fair play to them though as others have said they deserve their current run as much as anyone.  

5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Deffo is a feel good factor at that club as like you have rightly said that atmosphere at the Ricoh is traditionally dire.

Still looked half empty yesterday though, I can’t ever recall them actually selling out? Im sure they have done since the ground has opened but it does always appear to be no more than 70% full..