IGNORED

Miller To Get The Nod

red as fcuk

Reading the evening post article on the net it seems they have some inside information and are tipping Miller to start upfront. personally i think he should definately be given a chance. he cost the club a lot of money- surely they didn't spend that much on "one for the future" and although imo he's not an out and out target man he is the closest thing we have to one.

my three upfront would be:

heff........miller..........lita/young joe (after about 60 mins)

where are you going to play Scott? or are you not? not going to leave Gillespie on the bench are you? what about Roberts he was in good form at the end of the season?.....I just don't know :laugh:

I would be very pleased indeed to see the boy Miller play and get a couple of goals. You are right, he is the only one we have over 6 foot and therefore could be a target man,, although he might not want to be viewed as one. He has no choice.

on his perfomance on sat i'd be tempted to leave scot out, as Tinman stated if you don't peform you're out! don't get me wrong i'm not a doom and gloom merchant whinging after one game hopefully this will make scot hungrier next time he is selected. anyway i think he is firmly in tinmans plans for the next few games at least so lets hope he has a better game tommorow night.

back to the original point they surely have to give Miller a chance! watching him pre season (as others have mentioned before) at the forrest green game (when miller scored two) Tinman was going nuts every time miller made a mistake, perhaps his face doesn't fit!

Personally I think Lee deserves to start, but as Scott is hardly likely to be dropped after one match, Leroy scored our goal and it would be a bizarre signal to send to drop a 20 a season man like Paul Heffernan after one game it will be interesting to see just what happens.

Let's not have any nonsense about any of these playing behind the front three, either, they are all strikers (apart from Scott) and Gillespie for one looked like a complete fish out of water when tried there.

Totally agree about Saturday, playing without a forward over 5ft 10 is a nonsense.

What is far more important than their ability is the blend, you can make a case for any one of Lita, Heffernan, Gillespie or Roberts but basically they are all the same type of player, which Lee Miller isn't so he should play at least until we have a sensible alternative.

Miller has to play. I know Tinman didnt sign him, but i remember him being quite influential in convincing him to sign. Sure hes not the 100% target man, if he was we wouldnt be looking for one. I'm yet to be convinced by Heffernan, I'm sure given 20 decent chances he will put them all away, but then so would Lita. I think we should have invested the money more wisely on a target man in the first instance, it wasnt so much that our strikers couldnt score last season it was more of getting chances, something i think would improve if we had a big man up front.

Idon't think Tinion realy has a choice not to play him, he's the closest thing we have to a Target man and should of realy taken part in some of the opening game, I know what Tinion was saying about bringing on Robers & Anyinsah to add more pace, as we were getting behind their defences quite alot towards the end of the match, but you only had to look at our finishing, it was dreadful, 3 up front and we are stil strugling to put the ball into the back of the net, we need what Miller in the squad as far as I'm concernd, I don't realy rate him at all but he's the closest to what we have available.

Reading Tinman's comments on the main news section it seems likely he will stick with Heffs Lita and Murray up front. Seems a wierd formation though 'cos he's telling Murray to get wider (good) and the other two to stay closer together - this is excellent advice when playing 4-4-2 (assuming Murray was the winger then) but give the front line a very lop-sided look when playing 4-3-3 with Murray & Smith on one wing and just Woodman on the other - seems odd to me.

Reading Tinman's comments on the main news section it seems likely he will stick with Heffs Lita and Murray up front.  Seems a wierd formation though 'cos he's telling Murray to get wider (good) and the other two to stay closer together - this is excellent advice when playing 4-4-2 (assuming Murray was the winger then) but give the front line a very lop-sided look when playing 4-3-3 with Murray & Smith on one wing and just Woodman on the other - seems odd to me.

Have to agree with you there, if we play three upfront surely we need someone running into the left channel as well as the right and woodman is not that someone imo

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

If Miller does start I'd imagine Goodfellow or Gillespie may fill the hole with two sitting midfielders (Doherty/Orr)....but judging by what Tins has said it will be the same as the Torquay match but with Murray urged to play wider on the right....but I don't see why we can't just have Doherty and Orr in the middle,Goodfellow on the left,Murray on the right,then Heffs alongside our only target-man Miller,with Goodfellow given freedom to fill the hole....

So many attacking players, So few positions in the team, you have to be careful in your midfield with a three hence you cant really have murray and Ayinsah as wider players, cos it then leaves your middle man (Doherty/Orr) struggling a tad.

Have fun Brian :laugh:

Barnsley are a good side and it seems likely we will be under alot of pressure at certain times in the game tomorrow. Catching them on the break will be one of our biggest weapons so maybe playing with Lita, Heff and Murray may not be a bad idea considering their pace.

With Tommy and Tinman's ability to ping a ball 50 yards and put these guys in I don't think we should be writing off this front line just yet!

Archived