IGNORED

Joe Low recalled

Silvio Dante

U23s player, Joe Low, who was on loan at Eastleigh (conference) been recalled with immediate effect. Played 8 times there in two months.

Cant see it being a recall to add to our options (would have thought Towler would be back in advance - he’s been getting good reviews), but seems an odd one as he can’t be loaned to a higher level until January.

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

U23s player, Joe Low, who was on loan at Eastleigh (conference) been recalled with immediate effect. Played 8 times there in two months.

Cant see it being a recall to add to our options (would have thought Towler would be back in advance - he’s been getting good reviews), but seems an odd one as he can’t be loaned to a higher level until January.

My guess is that he’s no longer getting game time and he will go on loan elsewhere.

City might make use of him in training next week with Kalas away, I.e. for defence v attack sessions, but I doubt that.

I doubt he’s coming back to sit on the bench, we have Baker, Kalas, Atkinson and Vyner, and Vyner hasn’t made the 18 on a number of occasions.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My guess is that he’s no longer getting game time and he will go on loan elsewhere.

City might make use of him in training next week with Kalas away, I.e. for defence v attack sessions, but I doubt that.

I doubt he’s coming back to sit on the bench, we have Baker, Kalas, Atkinson and Vyner, and Vyner hasn’t made the 18 on a number of occasions.

Agree if not getting game time, get him out somewhere else.  One thing I’ve not seen anywhere was why Atkinson missed Saturday assumed injured but strange that nothing has been mentioned.  Any ideas @GrahamC or anyone?

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Agree if not getting game time, get him out somewhere else.  One thing I’ve not seen anywhere was why Atkinson missed Saturday assumed injured but strange that nothing has been mentioned.  Any ideas @GrahamC or anyone?

Slight calf strain, not deemed worthy of risking if he broke down 10 mins in….and then out for weeks.  Source: Curtis Fleming…pre-match video!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

?

11 minutes ago, samo II said:

Sorry I misread.

That’s not too bad then.

To be fair, I think you were actually both wrong and it is 3 months.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 7TH 2021

Joe Low has signed a new three-year deal with the club as he prepares to link up with Eastleigh on loan in the National League.

I believe he played in a match for Eastleigh against Salisbury on August 7th - pre-season - so has been with them until now?

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

A mate of mine is an Eastleigh season ticket holder and hasn’t been greatly impressed with Josh - says he’s a big guy but lacks mobility. He has improved after a shaky start but he’s not been a stand out addition to the squad. 

He must be very unimpressed if he can't even get his name right. :)

• Haha 1