IGNORED

Saikou Janneh

Shuffle

Now I’m far too old to know how to copy a link from Instagram but just seen messages from Saikou showing a brilliant goal against unknown team.  Also then tags Semenyo and Williams as set both up for goals and both have subsequently Posted.

Assume that it’s from a game this week due to Williams/Semenyo availability but could be completely wrong.  Anyone have any knowledge of a game and can help an old fart out by posting links to goals?

As an aside Saikou looks rapid and his goal was a screamer.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I really do not care who we played but from the players mentioned.

Playing, scoring that are not regular first trainers does this show an indication that there going to be a swing in team selection for the Blackburn game.

I hope so 

And come on England tommorrow 

It’s was a 23’s team 

I really like what I've seen of Janneh. He's possibly not our most technical player but he seems fast, direct, a bit unpredictable and appears to have the knack of coming away from a less than brilliant performance with a goal or two. Not sure how close he is to the team and there may be valid reasons for not picking him but I really think he could offer something - even if just as an option off the bench - that we've been missing in recent weeks. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I really like what I've seen of Janneh. He's possibly not our most technical player but he seems fast, direct, a bit unpredictable and appears to have the knack of coming away from a less than brilliant performance with a goal or two. Not sure how close he is to the team and there may be valid reasons for not picking him but I really think he could offer something - even if just as an option off the bench - that we've been missing in recent weeks. 

For me he was the wildcard improver over pre-season.  I thought he would be some way off, but provided some really good performances on the left wing during the friendlies.  Then scored a couple at FGR but seemed to blot his copybook on the defensive side of his game in that match and as sub v Boro.  Like Semenyo, he’s a bit raw, but he has pace and physicality, something we’ve lacked.  Not saying he’s the answer, just that he did better over the summer than I thought he would and went up in my evaluation.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me he was the wildcard improver over pre-season.  I thought he would be some way off, but provided some really good performances on the left wing during the friendlies.  Then scored a couple at FGR but seemed to blot his copybook on the defensive side of his game in that match and as sub v Boro.  Like Semenyo, he’s a bit raw, but he has pace and physicality, something we’ve lacked.  Not saying he’s the answer, just that he did better over the summer than I thought he would and went up in my evaluation.

This is exactly it. I don't think he's one of our "best" eleven players but I do think that, with a team that have really lacked pace and unpredictability, there is a strong argument for having someone with pace and unpredictability on the bench. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it’s the U23s but from the games I’ve watched, he has been the standout. He is lightening quick and very powerful. Missed lots of chances v posh so not a natural finisher & better wide. I agree he’s a good wildcard from the bench as don’t think he even knows his next move.

Has he had a fair crack as scores 2 in only start but then disappointed in a sub appearance next game. When I think of some of the under performers who play consistently then surely he’s worth a punt from bench.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I know it’s the U23s but from the games I’ve watched, he has been the standout. He is lightening quick and very powerful. Missed lots of chances v posh so not a natural finisher & better wide. I agree he’s a good wildcard from the bench as don’t think he even knows his next move.

Has he had a fair crack as scores 2 in only start but then disappointed in a sub appearance next game. When I think of some of the under performers who play consistently then surely he’s worth a punt from bench.

My thoughts as well.

We lack pace & not only does he give us that, he’s not some lightweight kid, either.

I would have had him on the bench recently & would like to see him getting an opportunity, he got 2 v Forest Green then 10 minutes or so at Boro then others were preferred.

I like the look of him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

What day was it played?  And please do you know how many minutes  Williams and Semenyo played?

Not entirely sure how many minutes they both got usually its around 45-60mins, It was a half 12 kickoff yesterday (Thursday) I only watched the 1st half as my brother was playing. Next week they have torquay at RHPC Tuesday (match played behind closed doors) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

My thoughts as well.

We lack pace & not only does he give us that, he’s not some lightweight kid, either.

I would have had him on the bench recently & would like to see him getting an opportunity, he got 2 v Forest Green then 10 minutes or so at Boro then others were preferred.

I like the look of him.

Janneh way too good for u23 level, plays as wing back from them but finds himself in good attacking position and has good end product and ridiculous pace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Odellebcfc said:

Not entirely sure how many minutes they both got usually its around 45-60mins, It was a half 12 kickoff yesterday (Thursday) I only watched the 1st half as my brother was playing. Next week they have torquay at RHPC Tuesday (match played behind closed doors) 

I take it your brother is City rather than the opponents?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Odellebcfc said:

Janneh way too good for u23 level, plays as wing back from them but finds himself in good attacking position and has good end product and ridiculous pace

They've played a 343 or 433 lately with Janneh on the right of the front 3, at Charlton Pearson was the right of the 4

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

My thoughts as well.

I like the look of him.

The lack of any attacking players on the bench also mean the opposition know a) how we are going to play from kick off and b) that we only change our style based upon the tiring players at our disposal. 

Good teams can easily try and game manage first half by getting Martin/Wells to chase down lost causes and then by 60 minutes they’re both shot. So we rely upon AW or someone like COD only to press and it’s easy for them to just push us back.