IGNORED

England V Switzerland.........Alex Scott

maxjak

I have just sat through a recording of the U19 game played yesterday in Stockholm between England and the Swiss U19's......though I will admit to using the Fast Forward button a few times.  Alex Scott lined up in central midfield, and played the entire 90 mimutes.   It was a very dull and boring 0-0 draw, hence the fast forwarding, I was surprised at the lack of technical skill, and level of passing ability.  The sides cancelled each other out, with defences on top, aided by two incompetent forward lines. Not one player stood out amongst them all, with a lack of flair  or creativity most definitely evident.  Alex had a steady unspectacular game, he did the simple things well, but failed whenever he   attempted a killer pass, which wasn't often, due to the poor running and postional play of the England forward line.

I would mark Alex as a 6, as he did his job in central midfield efficiently, he was involved in all the free kicks we won, and in the last couple of minutes, from the left side, put in a peach of cross right onto a forwards head, which he should have buried for the winner...............but in keeping with the rest of the match he somehow headed it wide.  So well done Alex, who will hopefully play in the final game against Sweden on Tuesday.......in which England will need to up their game if they want a positive result?  PS It was a bit like watching City,  really, with little quality passing, and few goal attempts.......but at least the U19's have the genuine excuse of being young and still learning the game?  Ha!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6