IGNORED

Ghana eliminate South Africa with a Penalty Decision that is WTF?

maxjak

4 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Great for Wollacott! Amazing story that really.

Also that penalty, I agree with someone else, I can see why the referee has given it... He was deceived by the dive from the player and presumably has had a bit of a guess at it. Before VAR that sort of thing was common. This is just a particularly bad example. Poor officiating but I wouldn't be rushing to scream corruption.

Not so much a dive..........more of a belly flop with a reverse twist......with no degree of difficulty?  If anyone considers this acceptable? , they are in need of an urgent appointment at Specsavers.  If this occured in the Prem, I could honestly see Amartey getting a ban, or at the very least a card, he is, IMHO,  a cheat?

Edited by maxjak

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Not so much a dive..........more of a belly flop with a reverse twist......with no degree of difficulty?  If anyone considers this acceptable? , they are in need of an urgent appointment at Specsavers.  If this occured in the Prem, I could honestly see Amartey getting a ban?

I'll have you know I've had laser eye surgery!

I don't think anyone's saying it's acceptable, merely that it is conceivable.

From the referee's perspective - he's made an error in my opinion, but it could just be an honest one. Nothing about it would immediately say corruption to me.

From the player's point of view - He's made an obvious (again, my opinion, and successful unfortunately) attempt to deceive the referee. This is a punishable offense in many Leagues and under many governing bodies (Bailey Wright received a ban whilst playing for us for deceiving the referee in an away match at Fulham. It resulted in Aboubakar Kamara being red carded). The player may well receive a ban.

Acceptable - no

Believable - yes

Corrupt - Who knows, I doubt it. Just bad refereeing, something which we see all too often!

• Hmmm 1