IGNORED

One mistake

Red Army 75

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought the Coventry winner was more to do with the lack of City players going over to Coventry players on their right side. Anyone would think we had one less player, not one more!

Yesterday was great.  Other than the very first minute when Khadra got in behind Scott for a switched past and had Vyner 1-on-1 (who defended it well) I can’t really remember a time when our wing-backs got left 1-on-1.  We defended well.

For those who hate xG….yesterday was our lowest xG conceded since the start of last season (0.3, 0.21 or 0.4 according to which provider you use.

Second half I watched O’Dowda a lot.  He was pushed back, but his concentration was really good.  In the past he’s let players run off his shoulder.  He didn’t yesterday.  Baker was excellent inside him too.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought the Coventry winner was more to do with the lack of City players going over to Coventry players on their right side. Anyone would think we had one less player, not one more!

It just seemed he could have put a challenge in and didn’t - it’s all a bit fuzzy but I can remember thinking it at the time 

On 21/11/2021 at 14:16, cidered abroad said:

I fully accept that Kalas probably made an error in heading a ball travelling so close to the ground.

But, surely a professional keeper at Championship level should not be beaten at his near post with a shot from approx 8 metres?

True but I doubt he expected to have to face it. Probably assumed, like all of us did, that TK was going to lamp it upfield.