IGNORED

Hampshire Red post, missing?

Rich

• The title was changed to Hampshire Red post, missing?

come on get it right its Hampshire reds not red. blimey cant believe someone has started a topic  aimed at me. i feel honoured.(joking).lets get it right i have an opinion on a forum. some like what the manager is doing and some like me dont like it. why is there so much support for him. i understand there is a re build going on but 7 wins in 34 games with home form that is awful. i expect better. If fans are happy with what is going on then thats great. 5 pts of the relagation zone is worrying. stoke city and sheff utd to come in the next 2 games. we are in a mess. only my thoughts. if i upset people then i am sorry.  If the people who run this forum feel free to ban me if my opinions are not what you want to see.

16 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

come on get it right its Hampshire reds not red. blimey cant believe someone has started a topic  aimed at me. i feel honoured.(joking).lets get it right i have an opinion on a forum. some like what the manager is doing and some like me dont like it. why is there so much support for him. i understand there is a re build going on but 7 wins in 34 games with home form that is awful. i expect better. If fans are happy with what is going on then thats great. 5 pts of the relagation zone is worrying. stoke city and sheff utd to come in the next 2 games. we are in a mess. only my thoughts. if i upset people then i am sorry.  If the people who run this forum feel free to ban me if my opinions are not what you want to see.

This isn't the exact post which I wanted to reply to but, covers the main part.

The problem I have with your opinion is, that it takes into account facts only with no context, even though you state that you understand there's a rebuild going on.

As I see it and from what I understand, the majority of posters feel that Pearson has inherited an overall poorly constructed squad of mixed ability players, an injury ravaged squad in the first period of his tenure and players either not playing for him or the club, due to their personal situations, in relation to their contracts running out, while also uncertain about their future and fear of injury. That happens in any situation, in any walk of life, when a new boss is appointed.

So, he was given the task of reducing the squad, reducing the wage bill, recruiting new players, improving the availability of players through fitness, while at the same time producing a successful team to satisfy the most demanding of supporters, who do not take any of those factors into account and use facts only. And also dealing with the existing backroom staff, who were possibly central to a lot of our problems. So he's also got that to deal with as well. 

We appear to be left with some players that don't quite fit within the format of a squad that is to say the least, disjointed. As a result, some of those senior players do not fit into the team, cannot be removed because of their contracts and as such are useless to the club. We mostly know who they are and are used purely out of necessity. That's why Wells, Palmer and Jay Dasilva have not featured too much. 

He has recruited quite wisely in my opinion, bringing in older heads to pass on their experience to the many younger members that make up our first team squad. Along with two players from the lower divisions, that have been used more than we would have expected, due to an extended injury list, not ideal.

As far as our strike force is concerned, we have been reduced by 25%, with Semenyo not being available and having to use Wells as part of a squad that do not play the type of football to suit his style. As a result, over use of two ageing strikers. Supplemented with a few young additions making a small contribution, again not ideal.

Our injury record at the start of the season was quite good, which coincided with solid, if not spectacular performances and results. Since that initial period, we've been hit quite hard with injuries to key players in King, O'Dowda, Williams, Baker, Atkinson, James, Pring and Tanner to name just a few. This has resulted in disruption to selection of an already reduced squad and an enforced use of younger players within the team, along with changes in formation to accommodate those players available.

We can all pick a team and formation but, what we can't do is allow for the many personal mistakes that have occurred from the players selected in those many changed teams and formations. We'd all like it to have been better, but constantly bemoaning the situation while not taking into account the reasons for that situation, is frankly, not helpful and I believe not warranted.

By constantly posting those negative messages, it has given the platform for likeminded people to be supportive of your views, giving in my opinion a distorted picture, with a lack of appreciation of what an actual mess that Pearson is having to deal with.

In a nutshell, a difficult operation to manage. 

May I also suggest you use the "quote" facility, which enables other posters to see when you've actually replied to their posts. As it is, it would appear that you enjoy what appears to be having the last word, by not "quoting" the poster.

• Flames 5
  • Robin 1