IGNORED

Six pointer on Saturday

PFree

Might seems a strange thing to say but what’s the betting the points are all important when the end of season shake up becomes reality?

I am hoping we have just about enough to stay up but starting to a bit more worried as each week goes by!

Lets hope we strengthen in January and start improving for there though hey..?

25 minutes ago, PFree said:

Might seems a strange thing to say but what’s the betting the points are all important when the end of season shake up becomes reality?

I am hoping we have just about enough to stay up but starting to a bit more worried as each week goes by!

Lets hope we strengthen in January and start improving for there though hey..?

I agree with the first 6 words!

• Haha 1

Petrborough and Barnsley both seem hell bent on returning to League one. We have a 7 point and 11 point cushion over them, respectively. If we lose to Derby then we still have a 19 point cushion over them. If the likes of Joe Williams are used sparingly and we have a decent window in January then we won't be troubled by the bottom 3. It may not be pretty but like the last week where we picked up 4 more points than a lot of posters on here predicted then we will be ok.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Petrborough and Barnsley both seem hell bent on returning to League one. We have a 7 point and 11 point cushion over them, respectively. If we lose to Derby then we still have a 19 point cushion over them. If the likes of Joe Williams are used sparingly and we have a decent window in January then we won't be troubled by the bottom 3. It may not be pretty but like the last week where we picked up 4 more points than a lot of posters on here predicted then we will be ok.

Agree with this.

49 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What a great job Rooney is doing by the way. Managed to motivate a group of players even after the points deduction. Plays with shape and look well-organised. Everything we don't do.

And look at the players he brought in….experienced players to guide the youngsters through….Baldock, Stearman, Jagielka.  There’s no way OTIB would’ve accepted those signings.  To go alongside Curtis Davies, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinne, Tom Lawrence and CKR.  Some of their youth is very good too, Bird, Buchanan, Knight.

He is doing a good job, not arguing that, but with key players in our team, we don’t look anywhere near as bad (generally) as we did yesterday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And look at the players he brought in….experienced players to guide the youngsters through….Baldock, Stearman, Jagielka.  There’s no way OTIB would’ve accepted those signings.  To go alongside Curtis Davies, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinne, Tom Lawrence and CKR.  Some of their youth is very good too, Bird, Buchanan, Knight.

He is doing a good job, not arguing that, but with key players in our team, we don’t look anywhere near as bad (generally) as we did yesterday.

Don't agree with everything you say here Dave! Since when has otib acceptance of signings been a pre requisit to sign, I wouldn't imagine Simpson was universally approved of!

It was blindinghly obvious what was needed during the last window and experience was it, not players like Simpson and King whose legs have obviously gone but players who can still hold their own while helping to develop the youngsters we  currently have.

We've seen our "key players" you refer to and to be honest we don't look much better with them available!

Nigel made a few wrong decisions pre season that's hurting us now, letting hunt go, not getting in a forward etc etc

Surely if a player was given the  choice of derby or City they would have opted for the security of us?

24 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Don't agree with everything you say here Dave!

nor, would I expect you too! ?

Since when has otib acceptance of signings been a pre requisit to sign, I wouldn't imagine Simpson was universally approved of!

of course it’s not a pre-requisite, the point I’m trying to make is that Derby brought in some experienced players, just like we did, because like Nige he knows you can’t get by with kids.  He’s brought in good pros who’ve experienced success.  Nige has tried to do the same.  In King and Simpson’s case I suspect they are on less than Stearman, Baldock etc, which is ironic given the financial situation.

It was blindinghly obvious what was needed during the last window and experience was it, not players like Simpson and King whose legs have obviously gone but players who can still hold their own while helping to develop the youngsters we  currently have.

I don’t think King’s legs have gone, and I actually think Simpson can do a job at RB in a four.

We've seen our "key players" you refer to and to be honest we don't look much better with them available!

we can agree to disagree.  There have been a couple of games aside from the Bournemouth / West Brom poor efforts where I’d agree, but in the main, when we’ve had James or Williams in the side we’ve been competitive.

Nigel made a few wrong decisions pre season that's hurting us now, letting hunt go, not getting in a forward etc etc

or decisions that were made because of significant financial constraints.  We had 4 strikers at the start of the season, one unfortunately has only just come back from injury.  We are back up to a full compliment.  Remember we were only gonna bring in better.  No point bringing in a striker for £1-2m who is not better.  Jack Hunt was a decent servant, but not as simple as saying letting him go.  He was probably on £12k p.w.

Surely if a player was given the  choice of derby or City they would have opted for the security of us?

Depends on a range of things, e.g. location, wages (see above), etc.  I wonder what Rooney sold them….not that Mel Morris was gonna put them into Administration.  Derby more attractive than us pre- EFL points deductions, even under embargo assuming they could pay the previously stipulated £600k p.a. Wage (or pro-rate)

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Haha 1