IGNORED

The most hacked down player in the Champ is….?

Davefevs

24 minutes ago, swanker said:

I was told by someone who works at the club that Villa offered in the region of £2 Million in the summer? If that’s true, then he’s obviously being watched by some big clubs. 

A player like Scott is a rare find - his potential is up to full international level. Whether he makes that depends on many things, but he's got the attributes at this stage and I've no doubt all but the elite PL teams will be keeping tabs on him.

Villa are very cheeky (they're a very naughty boy), and we can't very well rebuild if we sell off the foundations.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Financially I don't think it necessarily would. Unless they bid crazy amounts that the mid table prem teams can't afford. 

If the biggest clubs were to bid the same amount as a mid table prem side and he went to one of those biggest clubs then we'd likely lose out on a future percentage of transfer profit.

Financially, you are probably be right. I was thinking more in terms of self-esteem. It's kind of depressing (to me at least) that those three teams are considered to be 'top clubs'  compared to us. And that's from  someone whose second team, for bizarre familial and historical  reasons, is Burnley.