IGNORED

Your Support is..............

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think a case could be made for Barnsley. 

and I saw a bloke wearing an old vest swigging from a bottle of Bells. 

Bells!

That’s quite classy.

Over here it’s bottles of cheap (red or rosé) wine, cans of extra strong lager or, if they do stretch to whisky, some cheap, unheard of label from LIDL etc.

• Haha 1

A lot of the Old Grounds arent even there anymore and have been renewed/developed to be well more or less identical. Same goes for most of the places they are in and most have good/bad areas and people who live in them

On 11/12/2021 at 21:04, gl2 said:

Well dependant on what exactly?

Maybe support is the wrong word and maybe attendance is a better word anyway myself I...

Used to go all home and most away back in the late 60`s early 70`s a decline has happened since, over the proceeding decades due to; moving away from Bristol, getting married, having less money available and getting older and poor health etc.

Now its come to a level where I am well just an armchair fan but still follow my club whenever they play but now on the media.

I bow down to the likes of RedM and many others who trek all over, being there for the team......so is what is your attendance based on? results, affordability, health, age, what div we are in, a mixture of all or something else?

Availability for me, I still play every week so I get to any game I can reasonably make. Had a ST in my teens until I started playing which luckily coincided with the League 1 promotion and PLay off final season.

It doesn't matter on the results for me, I go every chance I can. I was at Hull the Friday night we got relegated (or had just been relegated) that was live on Sky and there was about 90 of us purely because I was travelling back from working in Newcastle and it was a small detour. I'm also 2.5 hours from Bristol so away mid-week games are my usual go to, espeically anything London or midlands

As soon as I stop playing I'll be back regularly I hope

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The irony of coming from places like Blackburn or Stoke and the saying 'Bristol's a shithole' is gargantuan.

If Bristol really is a shithole, that would make Stoke a major sewage works with countless tonnes of foetid crap swilling about. 

Im pretty sure they are not chanting ‘Bristol’s a shithole’ because they actually think it is, it’s just a chant

A subjective list of worst places to live..

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/top-50-worst-places-to-live-in-england-2021

Been to 9/10 of the places in this top 10 and I wouldn't argue with any of them except maybe Torquay. Not been there for a few years and surprised it is on the list. Worked in a few of them for months at a time unfortunately.

No doubts in my mind that Jaywick should be number one.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Im pretty sure they are not chanting ‘Bristol’s a shithole’ because they actually think it is, it’s just a chant

Kind of how we got onto this subject. It's a rather unoriginal and tedious chant.  In the case of Bristol, inaccurate as well. 

Another one that makes me laugh is "Is this a library?" sung by loads of blokes who have not only never been in a library but probably have not picked up a book since school. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 20:37, Red-Robbo said:

Might run a poll when I have time.  What's the biggest shithole in the Championship?

Luton; Blackburn; Stoke; Coventry; West Bromwich; Peterborough; Barnsley; Middlesbrough; Hull; Bermondsey; Blackpool...  some very strong contenders....

Surely its Bristol, judging by the endless chants from our lovely away fans? ?