IGNORED

our number one fan was very busy over the weekend

Never to the dark side

Johnathan Pearce is the most articulate and entertaining commentator working today IMHO?..............and a Red!  Be a bad day when he retires, as there is no one with the same insight and humour to replace him?

Maybe we could get him to do our Robins TV commentaries, when he finally leaves the BBC?...............What a massive step up in quality that would be?      

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Johnathan Pearce is the most articulate and entertaining commentator working today IMHO?..............and a Red!  Be a bad day when he retires, as there is no one with the same insight and humour to replace him?

Maybe we could get him to do our Robins TV commentaries, when he finally leaves the BBC?...............What a massive step up in quality that would be?      

He'd probably stay there forever if he thought he had that to look forward to :)

(PS Theres a good Cider With episode by @Shtanley here Cider With JP if anyone didn't catch it.)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm never convinced about how big a fan he really is. 

Met him on a train back from work from East Croydon once he's not the super fan we believed 

If you take the time to listen to the podcast Sleepy refers to,  with Stan and JP.............You will hear the incredible backstory JP has with our club, when he was younger.  i would say that he has fantastic  knowledge of a period of history of our club, and  would say he has tremendous affection for City, rather than being a super fan, though he always follows our progress.   He is more of an admirer of Bristol City  I would say?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If you take the time to listen to the podcast Sleepy refers to,  with Stan and JP.............You will hear the incredible backstory JP has with our club, when he was younger.  i would say that he has fantastic  knowledge of a period of history of our club, and  would say he has tremendous affection for City, rather than being a super fan, though he always follows our progress.   He is more of an admirer of Bristol City  I would say?

And football commentators, like players, are usually working when games are played so don't see many.

Whenever I've heard him mention City he always sounds genuinely keen.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And football commentators, like players, are usually working when games are played so don't see many.

Whenever I've heard him mention City he always sounds genuinely keen.

And he will often mention City while commentating if there is any kind of link to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Met him on a train back from work from East Croydon once he's not the super fan we believed 

I would often chat with his Dad, who used to video our games, before home games and young JP was invariably with him.

Yes, I am that old.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Pearcey's Cornish, but his family moved to Bristol when he was a kid so his dad could work for City and JP had a few schoolboy trials with the club. He wasn't good enough to be a professional, so decided to pursue a career talking about football instead. 

I know he lived in East London for a time, and has talked about "also" supporting West Ham, but I know a lot of people have second teams, so I wont slam him for that.

When I met him we had quite a long chat about the Alan Dicks era, and he certainly knows his stuff there. Living in Sussex and working most match-days obviously cuts down his current City watching capacity. 

• Like 1