77%

United Kingdom

76%

Sweden

74%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

We may well have done but the blame for that must surely be as much that there is a certain amount of punishing us for leaving the Eu which cost them billions in income as we were a net contributor to the whole EU project, personally having lived through this country being in and out of the EU there was a lot more to the majority voting leave, and there was a majority however small that voted leave (more than a million) there was more to it than just the money aspect, you cannot put a price on gaining back the ability to self govern I would not be surprised if other countries were given a similar referendum they would also choose to leave the EU, even the French. 

What couldn’t we self govern ? 
No one is punishing the Uk accept itself. The Uk voted to leave, had an oven ready deal ( which I presume you voted for?!) how is it possible for anyone to “ punish “ the Uk when we had such a great deal? And you obviously knew what and why you voted for it.

Edited by Portland Bill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Brexit is not going well at least partly because the two countries that run the EU (France and Germany) don't want it to, as for covid well that's been an unmitigated disaster and mistakes have been made but you can't deny the effort put into the vaccination rollout.  

It used to be three countries that ran the EU, but then one left, can you name it? 

Clue: it's the one the media told you was constantly being "overruled by Brussels" and having laws made on its behalf... 

Given the entirely predictable fact that we are now an economic rival to the EU, maybe it would've been better to remain and shape ours and Europe's future afterall?

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

46 minutes ago, pillred said:

We may well have done but the blame for that must surely be as much that there is a certain amount of punishing us for leaving the Eu which cost them billions in income as we were a net contributor to the whole EU project, personally having lived through this country being in and out of the EU there was a lot more to the majority voting leave, and there was a majority however small that voted leave (more than a million) there was more to it than just the money aspect, you cannot put a price on gaining back the ability to self govern I would not be surprised if other countries were given a similar referendum they would also choose to leave the EU, even the French. 

Self-govern, you fell for that, what exactly did we not self-govern then….?

examples, trade deals maybe, I mean, who exactly is being trampled by the rush….I too remember the days prior to the EU….very black and white it was

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

In all fairness he has had the impossible job what with COVID and brexit 

could anyone done a better job ?

Wow!  Where have you been hiding, in the Boris Brexit fridge?

He's been nothing short of a calamity, always been reactive rather than pro-active, constantly behind the 8 ball. He wanted the top job, to be Prime Minister, and he's just not good enough for it, let alone a junior ministerial role. Lives for soundbites, 3 word slogans that only his limited attention span can cope with. Even tonight, pre-recorded, he couldn't be arsed.

My daughter could do a better job, and she's only 8.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It used to be three countries that ran the EU, but then one left, can you name it? 

Clue: it's the one the media told you was constantly being "overruled by Brussels" and having laws made on its behalf... 

Given the entirely predictable fact that we are now an economic rival to the EU, maybe it would've been better to remain and shape ours and Europe's future afterall?

Yes but people took in what Boris told them, he's an honest man with great principles apparently..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Emirates

94%

Cuba

90%

Chile

89%

Portugal

88%

Cambodia

86%

Singapore

83%

South Korea

83%

Argentina

82%

Canada

82%

Spain

81%

Malaysia

80%

New Zealand

80%

Australia

79%

Ecuador

79%

Japan

79%

Italy

78%

Ireland

78%

Brazil

78%

Colombia

77%

France

77%

Vietnam

77%

Costa Rica

77%

Belgium

77%

United Kingdom

76%

Sweden

74%

thats a couple of dozen out of............................195 Countries...how dare we be so far down the list....off with his head.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Went to Eton too so has every right to be ruling over the likes of us according to a regular troll on here.

Hes every right as he was elected by the conservatives who were elected by well by .......us to run this country. Unless of course you support minority rule?

9 minutes ago, gl2 said:

thats a couple of dozen out of............................195 Countries...how dare we be so far down the list....off with his head.

East end old boy asked me which countries we were behind. So I answered the question.

No need to put big printing mate, are you always this dramatic! 

Edited by Portland Bill

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

East end old boy asked me which countries we were behind. So I answered the question.

No need to put big printing mate, are you always this dramatic! 

Agree it was a bit over dramatic and I appologise however.......maybe the long descending list was also a bit ott when a simple number would have been suffice?

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No but I support PR. Minority rule is exactly what we have now with the FPTP system.

That is not Boris`s fault the party in before could have changed the system or any of prev goverments. Boris won by the system used at the time that is not his fault.

I do agree in hindsight mistakes have probably been made but so have huge gains by life saving jabs and business`s saving loans/furloughing etc.

Dispite what many media outlets want us to believe I do not believe for one second mad raves or parties occurred at Downing St, in fact in reality there was probably no difference to what occurred there than anywhere else last xmas.

Anyway we still have a sh1tty virus to fight it is far from over, and of course the ruskies and Chinese looking to dominate the world by fear and oppression. We need to look at the bigger picture not be obsessed my media trivia.

Edited by gl2

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Agree it was a bit over dramatic and I appologise however.......maybe the long descending list was also a bit ott when a simple number would have been suffice?

If I hadn’t answered in depth, I would have no doubt been asked for figures.

So I thought it was easier to do it that way. 
I came across a simple graph the other  day which would have been easier to post….. but couldn’t find it !!

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Hes every right as he was elected by the conservatives who were elected by well by .......us to run this country. Unless of course you support minority rule?

Of course you are correct. But millions of people also knew/know he was elected on a pack of lies ( predominantly brexit lies). Which 45% of the population fell for in 2019.

So you will have to excuse a lot of us when we feel Johnson is just a con man whose propaganda worked on people who couldn’t see past it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Seeing as there is one whole continent (Africa) that was only given any vaccines relatively recently, other parts of the world that were equally far behind & we were actually first to start (which was an excellent achievement, thanks to Nadhim Zahawi) we have done a frankly pathetic job ever since.

You carry on blaming it on those pesky foreigners, though..

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

That is not Boris`s fault the party in before could have changed the system or any of prev goverments. Boris won by the system used at the time that is not his fault.

I do agree in hindsight mistakes have probably been made but so have huge gains by life saving jabs and business`s saving loans/furloughing etc.

Dispite what many media outlets want us to believe I do not believe for one second mad raves or parties occurred at Downing St, in fact in reality there was probably no difference to what occurred there than anywhere else last xmas.

Anyway we still have a sh1tty virus to fight it is far from over, and of course the ruskies and Chinese looking to dominate the world by fear and oppression. We need to look at the bigger picture not be obsessed my media trivia.

Was it “media trivia” when the same media attacked Corbyn constantly for five years?.

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

About time this point was made. 

The picture of Boris in the Zoom quiz could be any office quiz after hours.
Getting a pass into No 10 isn’t  like a pub quiz where people just call in and decide to throw a fiver in to join! Everyone in that building had a right to be there - and security cleared for sure, so they had been mixing all day on Government matters anyway, no more breaking rules than chatting in the staff kitchen. 
The guy who had tinsel around his neck? Could easily have finished work a bit earlier, had a drink and then got called back in to join Boris in thanking staff for their work etc?

Obviously I’ve no hard evidence to support any of the above but no matter how much we all agree Boris is a twonk, all we’ve seen is pure conjecture. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Of course you are correct. But millions of people also knew/know he was elected on a pack of lies ( predominantly brexit lies). Which 45% of the population fell for in 2019.

So you will have to excuse a lot of us when we feel Johnson is just a con man whose propaganda worked on people who couldn’t see past it.

In fact millions of people were indeed swayed by the brexit promise to leave which we have done.

We are not now governed by other countries rules and regs, we have however seem to become a target for many other countries people

Edited by gl2

5 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Was it “media trivia” when the same media attacked Corbyn constantly for five years?.

Well yes......The media do have a strong hold on this country, many believe everything they say/suggest; most of it is heresay backed up with very little evidence; even down to the recent mere mention of a fuel lorry driver "shortage" and deliveries which sparked a nationwide  panic at the pumps....needlessly; there was in fact very few petrol stations that exp a few late deliveries but stiirred up by the media this caused nationwide panic. If the media had not taken this line there would have been no panic.

There has been many other cases not least the toilet roll panic etc. etc News sells o.m.g. news sells even better.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Which other countries rules were we governed by? 

Were we not signed up to the EU`s rules and regs? ...anyway lets just agree to differ as we are not going to agree on this anytime this century.