IGNORED

Do not sign anyone in January - 3 year Plan.

Waconda

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Isn't that the definition of cover ?

I think we've seen enough of Max to know he's a solid enough back up should Bents get a knock, and we don't know much about Wiles-Richards because we haven't needed to. But if he didn't have it he'd have been released by now. Not a problem area at all for me.

Not my definition, however laughable you find it. We should have a Number 2 keeper that presents GENUINE AND TOUGH competition for our Number 1 and not just be there should our "100% guaranteed starter regardless of form get a knock". As I see it we don't have that in any way, shape or form because if we did I am sure Bentley would have been rested weeks ago.

• Like 1

God forbid, we might be in some flavour of lockdown in January and Feb time. 

You have to ask whether any players really want to be or allowed to be moving around the country to a new club, and the whole logistic part to do with travel, being away from family and being stuck in a hotel.

If we are looking safe, far better to utilise the existing squad although if he was available on loan - Matt Smith would be ideal.

I’d use the window to get a few more out, even temporarily. That is trying to loan out Palmer or Dasilva for example. Hard to do but have a month and by the end desperation can start to set in for clubs. 

I wouldn’t really look at loans unless it was a view to a permanent deal. 

Then I’d be waiting to pounce on the right opportunity if it arises. Be it a striker, LB or right sided attacker/winger. 

Otherwise, I’d start developing players for next season. That is Semenyo playing primarily as a striker. That is more minutes for Benarous and Conway. Maybe get Cundy some minutes and see if he can provide. Get Scott central more often. I don’t really feel relegation is likely for us(famous last words). So crucial to start getting minutes to players that will be here next season. So that will eventually be relying less on Martin and King/Baker when back. 

With James, Williams and King regularly missing games due to injury I am sure the club will have been eyeing up midfield back up and I would be surprised if we don’t look to bring in someone in January and probably a loan 

NP may also want a CB as cover as again we get too many injuries, Baker in particular 

If we get a forward then can only see a youngster Prem loan as an option 

Dependant on outgoing loans/sales then 3 loans inbound is the minimum I can see happening 

We need to get some in and some out in January to freshen the squad up a bit.   Its too same old, same old, particuarly up front. 

Great to see Semenyo back, but we can't rely on him to get us enough goals and both Martin and Weimann are looking a bit done in, especially when we have two games in a week,  I've had great hopes for Wells, but he doesn't seem to know whether its Chrismtas or Easter at the moment. 

We're also looking lightweight in the midde of the pitch - James and Willilams are both quality players, but when both of them are out, we lose cohesion.  I'm not sure Simpson is the answer (even when fit) and, while I rate Massengo and Bakinson looks increaslingly like he may be stepping up, the two of them haven't found the same book, let alone the page. 

Loans out could create some space, and some creative transfer dealing could bring some quality in, even on just a short term basiis.  Somewhere out there could be another young Tammy just waiting for some competitive game time....    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Keep whatever powder we have dry and wait for the Summer.

Continue the formation, team selection and tactics since NP came back from illness and we will survive comfortably.

Don't see the point of panic/expensive purchases in January if this is a 3 year plan.

If a "Tanner like" option appears then possibly yes

but please, please no journeymen ex Prem players.

So you don’t want the manager sacked now then . What about the split in the squad . Are you saying you made that up ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

965593017_screamingwoman.jpg.e21421f85294c50b97b9e16304dc607c.jpg

You keep posting that because you  haven’t got a intelligent argument have you. For weeks you slagged off NP  & lied about a split in the squad . However, when asked how you’d resolve the managerial problem or how you knew there was a split  you just didn’t answer & went onto the next topic.

now your acting like nothing happened. We can all change our minds , no problem with that . You don’t have the courage of your convictions though do you . Let’s see what your like after another run of defeats .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1