IGNORED

Commentary

BS3_RED

Serious question, do they watch the same game as we do? It has to be the most nauseating biased commentary I have ever heard. 

I find I tend to get a more level balance of commentary if I listen to the other teams.

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Serious question, do they watch the same game as we do? It has to be the most nauseating biased commentary I have ever heard. 

I find I tend to get a more level balance of commentary if I listen to the other teams.

Did laugh when the co commenter said he didn’t see the second goal as was heading back to his seat!!

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's not commentary it's propoganda. If they told it like it is they would be fired on the spot.

I don't know what else you would expect from an in house operation.

Times have changed - I did most of the 2012/13 season and Adam Baker didn't tell me to change my commentary style once - although some might say that would've been a good thing.

Just now, chinapig said:

Getting rid of Adam was symptomatic of the cultural decline of the club.

I totally agree. The club has made strides forward in social engagement or whatever, and fine that's important but it's only one part of the bigger picture. It shouldn't come at the expense of authenticity, knowing the club and the fanbase, which has been lacking ever since he left. Sadly, Jon Lansdown is a massive fan of American sports and our output seems to have been built around that mindset.

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

If you’re talking about the Robin’s tv commentary then I thoroughly agree. I always try and cinq the radio Brizz commentary.  Owers is quality. Just tells it how he sees it and is the first one out of his chair if we score. 

Robins tv is an operation in sycophantic nonsense that tries to tell you what you are watching! 

My personal thought would be to have a supporter in there to say what’s really going on. That will never happen, meanwhile I would rather listen to the radio even if it’s a few seconds either way. 

Never forget the volume button. I don’t watch pre or post match either. I don’t need the propaganda and I have to see that effing balloon again! Agh!