IGNORED

Leeds United.

Midred

Watching Leeds v Arsenal. Interesting to see that Leeds aren't being treated as a big team any more. All decisions going Arsenal's way. Mind you with Andre Marriner on the pitch and Michael Oliver in the VAR box anything is possible.

I seriously worry whether it's worth getting to the "promised land"?

8 minutes ago, Midred said:

Watching Leeds v Arsenal. Interesting to see that Leeds aren't being treated as a big team any more. All decisions going Arsenal's way. Mind you with Andre Marriner on the pitch and Michael Oliver in the VAR box anything is possible.

I seriously worry whether it's worth getting to the "promised land"?

Good, they haven’t been “big” for about 20 years. They’ve got history and a following but that doesn’t mean anything in the current age

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Midred said:

It's predictable that if they're anywhere near relegation at the end of the season all you'll hear is that Leeds are too big to go down. They're not saying that about Norwich or Burnley.

Because those 2 aren't big clubs. Won't be a loss Burnley have stunk out the Prem for a while and Norwich are a club happy to keep getting relegated. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Great to see them in such a sorry state.

The “Bielsa Genius” myth is one of my pet hates in football.

Plus their fans are horrendous on the whole.

A relegation trio of Everton, Newcastle and Leeds is the dream.

Yeah the hype around Bielsa has me stumped as well. The media love him and my boss is a Leeds fan and thinks he's one of the worlds top coaches 

17 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah the hype around Bielsa has me stumped as well. The media love him and my boss is a Leeds fan and thinks he's one of the worlds top coaches 

Won one Argentinian league title pre-Leeds and failed more often than not at club level.

Runs his sides close to burn-out, is one-dimensional and yet people talk about him like some weird football-tactical god.

Weird. Emperors clothes for me.

4 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

4 hours ago, paul_fox said:

It was Pep Guardiola who called him a ‘football genius’ - I don’t watch enough of Bielsa’s sides to have a proper opinion but I guess Pep knows his stuff?

9 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Really I agree with you about Leeds and the bielsa effect is annoying, but I can’t think of any axe to grind with Everton or Newcastle.

I loved watching Keegans Newcastle and have had a soft spot for them ever since.

What really annoys me about Bielsa is that he seems to have refused to learn and speak in English - how many years has he been here now?

I can’t recall any other overseas manager who came to manage in England not try to learn English and then eventually speak to the press without an interpreter!

Surely he can speak enough by now ….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was Pep Guardiola who called him a ‘football genius’ - I don’t watch enough of Bielsa’s sides to have a proper opinion but I guess Pep knows his stuff?

Probably because he played a game with a false 9 years ago or something like that haha. He also hyped up Pack when we played them so ?

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

What really annoys me about Bielsa is that he seems to have refused to learn and speak in English - how many years has he been here now?

I can’t recall any other overseas manager who came to manage in England not try to learn English and then eventually speak to the press without an interpreter!

I think the story is that he does speak English but doesn't want to talk it in press conferences in cases something gets twisted due to him not knowing it 100%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

He’s playing daft