IGNORED

Match in Germany abandoned after player racially abused

SecretSam

19 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sadly you're always going to get a few

It’s become more than a few though in recent years, whipped up by the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon.

It was socially embarrassing to be racist for a while (it was still in people though), but it’s been allowed to rise again.

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Not sure how old you are

but if you think racism is prevalent now You should have seen what it was like in the 70s and 80s

Yes, it is less than 40/50 years ago, but you’d have hoped to not have the stuff we’ve had in recent years.  

25 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

You can amend the post all you like, the point still stands.  

Why wasn’t the moron just dragged out by the stewards and handed over to the police for the law to do its job and let the match continue?

He should have, but what the post I edited came across was that it was the poor 99.9% of people who were not being racist were the ones affected because they couldn't watch their football match, not the guy actually being racially abused, so edited it to show the issue is the guy getting racially abused, not whether a football match can continue.

22 minutes ago, grifty said:

He should have, but what the post I edited came across was that it was the poor 99.9% of people who were not being racist were the ones affected because they couldn't watch their football match, not the guy actually being racially abused, so edited it to show the issue is the guy getting racially abused, not whether a football match can continue.

Ok, see where you were coming from, but still seems a massive over-reaction to actually abandon the game because of it.

I just hope they don’t start abandoning games when match officials get abused, because we’ll struggle to get a match completed.

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Ok, see where you were coming from, but still seems a massive over-reaction to actually abandon the game because of it.

I just hope they don’t start abandoning games when match officials get abused, because we’ll struggle to get a match completed.

Yeah, I don't agree with abandoning the game. I do feel the players should leave the pitch, the police/security/stewards then go in to deal with the offender, remove/arrest and then the match continues after.

Abusing match officials by calling them sh*t or a w*nker is quite a bit different from racially abusing someone though!

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s become more than a few though in recent years, whipped up by the likes of Farage and Yaxley-Lennon.

It was socially embarrassing to be racist for a while (it was still in people though), but it’s been allowed to rise again.

Yes, it is less than 40/50 years ago, but you’d have hoped to not have the stuff we’ve had in recent years.  

To be honest, I think the kind of people who YL et al appeal to probably don't need much in the way of whipping up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

"Match in England abandoned as missiles rain down on black player."

Playing devils advocate, would you all be as happy if the paper had reported this last week?

I was thinking that after the ref. Sort of dealt  with it but expecting there to be some form of punishment from the EFL. As there was another racist ejection as well as the bottle incident 

10 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

I suppose it's a bit like throwing everyone out of a nightclub if someone gets punched

• Like 2