IGNORED

Jay & Tyreeq

BigAl&Toby

Good to see them play such a vital part in the game last night. Wondered where we’d be without them……

I think they’ve found their role. Anyone else see them on Robins TV playing “Sticky Heads”? My Christ we nearly choked on our Haze!

Has it really come to this. One of the Chelsea Trio now employed as pre-match entertainment by putting post its on his head?

And the other walking around Ashton Court modelling a shirt…..

Is it any wonder Uncle Steve has to dig deep to cover his self-made losses?

I’d love to know how much is wasted - sorry invested - in bringing such talent to the club. And the ratio of playing staff against non-playing staff.

Anyway it’s not long until the window opens - Christ I feel a draught…..

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Good to see them play such a vital part in the game last night. Wondered where we’d be without them……

I think they’ve found their role. Anyone else see them on Robins TV playing “Sticky Heads”? My Christ we nearly choked on our Haze!

Has it really come to this. One of the Chelsea Trio now employed as pre-match entertainment by putting post its on his head?

And the other walking around Ashton Court modelling a shirt…..

Is it any wonder Uncle Steve has to dig deep to cover his self-made losses?

I’d love to know how much is wasted - sorry invested - in bringing such talent to the club. And the ratio of playing staff against non-playing staff.

Anyway it’s not long until the window opens - Christ I feel a draught…..

This is where apportioning blame to single people, which everyone likes to do, is difficult. It always amazed me why we bought BOTH Palmer and Szmodics when we already had Jamie Paterson. These two signings are a perfect example of how the club have wasted tens of millions of pounds by not having a sound procurement strategy and no real playing plan. We know that Swiss was like a kid in a sweet shop and believes that Excel spreadsheets and his mates in the Agent world are the answer to player recruitment but you then have to look at Lee Johnson and can only conclude that he either approved of buying both players which you can only label as either greed or incompetence or he simply didn't have the bollocks to go above Mark Ashton and say "Steve, this **** is buying players I don't even want or need and if it carries on I'm ******* off".

We can blame whoever we like but the fact is there is only one Owner over the last twenty years that has allowed his staff to piss his money up against the wall with ridiculous recruitment such as this. Of course we are all grateful for the man putting his hand in his pocket that is undeniable BUT we also know that we now support HIS club and I don't recall any supporter demanding that we sign three expensive players for one (relatively less important in the grand scheme of things) position that was sometimes filled by NONE of them..........

What is my point? Yes, it's Steve's money and he can do what he likes with it but the way he has spent it means that the club as a whole and the supporters who also pay a significant chunk of their income each year, however insignificant in the grand scheme of things, will now suffer for a number of years whilst we come out of this mess. The fan base is the most important part of a football club, everyone else comes and goes, and it is increasingly looking like the Owner may find this out the hard way.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1