IGNORED

4Fs then FFS!!!

headhunter

The final FBC Podcast Episode of 2021 reviews the QPR game: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/4fs-then-ffs/ Also on Spotify, Google & Apple

For the first 20 minutes of this game we saw the 4Fs that Nigel Pearson had promised us on his appointment: Fast, Front Foot Football! Thereafter it was a case, once again, of FFS: why no pen for Scott, why did Pring concede the spot kick, what was in Andy King’s head when getting a 2nd booking with over 30 minutes remaining, then OMG another goal conceded in stoppage time consigning City to another home defeat?

The line up with 4 changes from the last game looked balanced and there was the surprise omission of Bentley. Semenyo missed a sitter and was denied by a good save – City could have been 3-0 up inside 15 minutes.

In this episode we discuss the match action and speculate transfer window activity in the wake of the club’s latest financials.

4 hours ago, redapple said:

Lacks the humour of OSIB and the balance of 3 peeps for me. Very negative feel to it. 

Something for everyone then amongst all three podcasts. 

As for being negative we'll always tell it as it is. When you've been watching City for over 50 years its the hope that kills. We have memories of 76-80 and before which the much younger producers of OSIB don't.

2 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Got to love Ian ?

Earlier in the season saying Tanner could be one of our best ever signings to now saying he isn’t fit/physically fit enough to play at this level every week.

He is the master of being wise after the event, or moving the goalposts to suit his latest line.  I have no issue with people saying things like - I though player X was gonna be good, but he’s not and I’ve judged it wrong…but you will never hear that from Ian.  He’s really good at rewriting the history of his comments.

It’s a shame because he makes some good points, but let’s himself down with the way he puts it across.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He is the master of being wise after the event, or moving the goalposts to suit his latest line.  I have no issue with people saying things like - I though player X was gonna be good, but he’s not and I’ve judged it wrong…but you will never hear that from Ian.  He’s really good at rewriting the history of his comments.

It’s a shame because he makes some good points, but let’s himself down with the way he puts it across.

Bang on. The absolute master at being wise after the event. Seldom agree with a lot of what he says, makes the occasional good point but usually contradicts himself.

Fair play though, I like the fact he doesn’t sit on the fence but as you say it’s the delivery. Otherwise generally the pod is a good listen and I like that they don’t sugar coat things.

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Something for everyone then amongst all three podcasts. 

As for being negative we'll always tell it as it is. When you've been watching City for over 50 years its the hope that kills. We have memories of 76-80 and before which the much younger producers of OSIB don't.

What is it your hoping for ? At least  one third of you seem to want failure to suit some sort of personal agenda . I was about in the 70’s as well. On the pitch after the Portsmouth game and as a young lad I knew a lot of the team well and still do. 

After listening to your podcast (which I appreciate is a passion for you and it’s professionally done) I found it very refreshing to listen to the latest OSIB offering and read Stanley’s blog. I regained the will to live and will attend tomorrow with hope in my heart. 

11 hours ago, redapple said:

What is it your hoping for ? At least  one third of you seem to want failure to suit some sort of personal agenda . I was about in the 70’s as well. On the pitch after the Portsmouth game and as a young lad I knew a lot of the team well and still do. 

After listening to your podcast (which I appreciate is a passion for you and it’s professionally done) I found it very refreshing to listen to the latest OSIB offering and read Stanley’s blog. I regained the will to live and will attend tomorrow with hope in my heart. 

Said before I think the podcast needs to add new voices and mix the contributors around. The same messages / comments are repeated weekly. One contributor doesn’t even answer the question asked but answers his own questions to get the same point across he made the previous week - regardless of whether it’s relevant to the conversation or not 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daored said:

Said before I think the podcast needs to add new voices and mix the contributors around. The same messages / comments are repeated weekly. One contributor doesn’t even answer the question asked but answers his own questions to get the same point across he made the previous week - regardless of whether it’s relevant to the conversation or not 

Thanks for the comments - always welcome whether good or bad.

If you listened to the QPR review we had the very erudite Neil Sutton [@ncnsbcfc] on as a contributor and Lezz has been on a few times as well. The format of Have I got News for you with regulars Merton and Hislop on every episode works well and I guess that's like Mark & Ian for FBC. 

re. the 2nd point, same messages, watching City for a while has been a little bit like Groundhog Day so we will say the same - I have even said this on the podcast. Did you listen to any of the mid-season reviews where I spent an hour with Gregor, Chris Honor, Gary Owers & Richard Latham? Pretty much the same number listened to all of them which in numbers was 4 x c600 listens.

DM me if you [anyone] would like to come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

If you listened to the QPR review we had the very erudite Neil Sutton [@ncnsbcfc] on as a contributor and Lezz has been on a few times as well. The format of Have I got News for you with regulars Merton and Hislop on every episode works well and I guess that's like Mark & Ian for FBC. 

re. the 2nd point, same messages, watching City for a while has been a little bit like Groundhog Day so we will say the same - I have even said this on the podcast. Did you listen to any of the mid-season reviews where I spent an hour with Gregor, Chris Honor, Gary Owers & Richard Latham? Pretty much the same number listened to all of them which in numbers was 4 x c600 listens.

Firstly I think you guys , OSIB and 3Peaps deserve great credit for putting together these shows, we all need to appreciate the time and effort these must take to produce. I do think what makes your podcast is the ‘live’ element. 

I did listen to the QPR podcast and agree it was good to hear another voice. I think variation of voided and views are a good thing and I think OSIB is probably the best in having a range of contributors. I agree with the comment of frustration of watching city is in many ways Groundhog Day. I’ve listened to the half term podcasts and did message you to say how good they were. I message you to comment on them. 

Thank you for the invitation, living away from Bristol I don’t see many games either live or on tv so probably not the best contributor, same as I tend not to comment on match day thread unless able to watch the game 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, redapple said:

Lacks the humour of OSIB and the balance of 3 peeps for me. Very negative feel to it. 

Forever Have offered up interviews with Owers, Latham, and Mcgregor and a great summation of The QPR game......OTIB is as entertaining as always.  Whereas all that has been forthcoming from Peaps is an old chat with Justin Lee Hasbeen, some bloke called Sims, and a recommendation to watch the Darts? .  Yep, they really have their finger on the pulse ?        Sorry but out of the three, Peaps is by far the most out of touch and archaic........   IMHO     

On 02/01/2022 at 12:26, maxjak said:

Forever Have offered up interviews with Owers, Latham, and Mcgregor and a great summation of The QPR game......OTIB is as entertaining as always.  Whereas all that has been forthcoming from Peaps is an old chat with Justin Lee Hasbeen, some bloke called Sims, and a recommendation to watch the Darts? .  Yep, they really have their finger on the pulse ?        Sorry but out of the three, Peaps is by far the most out of touch and archaic........   IMHO     

Sorry to hear that Max - we are on a winter break… we will be back next week… happy new year!

On 02/01/2022 at 10:17, headhunter said:

Thought the mid season pods were great… some interesting points raised from 4 guests all with great experience at or working with City… Happy New Year FBC

On 01/01/2022 at 18:51, Davefevs said:

Another term for that is he is a know-all bullshitter.

• Haha 1

Got to say fair play to all the people who spend their time to put together these podcasts as well as on OTIB as well. May not agree with everything but that’s what it’s all about - different opinions as well as shared views.

For me they’ve become a regular listen each week and all have something different to contribute to our love/hate relationship with following BCFC. Also, I don’t underestimate the value and sense of community (in most cases!) they’ve provided during the pandemic/lockdown period in particular. Thanks to all concerned and I hope they continue.

• Like 2