IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust - January 2022 meeting

shahanshahan

Just posted on their social media:

"The Supporters Club & Trust board are having their first meeting of 2022 this Wednesday night (5th January) between 7-9pm.

Once again this will be held on Zoom.

To register your interest in attending, please email info@bristolcitysupporters.org.

All are welcome"

• Like 1

• SC&T Board Members
26 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Please can you remind me of the SC&T’s remit?  I might be wrong but the relationship between the trust and club seems to have deteriorated recently. 

Since the arrival of RG, the relationship is actually a lot better than it's been for some time, as evidenced by the signing of a formal Memorandum of Understanding between the club and the SC&T: https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/city-sign-mou-with-supporters-club-trust/

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

39 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Please can you remind me of the SC&T’s remit?  I might be wrong but the relationship between the trust and club seems to have deteriorated recently. 

It did feel like it was turning into what the supporters club used to be - a drinking club. I don't hear many fan led campaigns coming from the SC&T anymore like used to happen with the trust when it was separate.

• Flames 1

• Admin
46 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Emailed the handle given above, @shahanshahan is this all you'll need to do to be invited to the meeting, or will I need to give membership details, etc.

Exactly that, I attended my first meeting last month. 

I found it to be very informative, now to work out how best to assist going forward 

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

Emailed the handle given above, @shahanshahan is this all you'll need to do to be invited to the meeting, or will I need to give membership details, etc.

All e-mails to info@ come to me and are automatically forwarded to @Blagdon Mike... then forwarded to relevant board members, as necessary.

We'll send the Zoom link tomorrow to all who have asked to 'attend'. Thanks for your interest - new views and opinions are always welcome.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

It did feel like it was turning into what the supporters club used to be - a drinking club. I don't hear many fan led campaigns coming from the SC&T anymore like used to happen with the trust when it was separate.

You’re not wrong, the section on their website about how they represent our fans hasn’t been updated for two and a half years ... so we don’t really know what they are doing now?

• Admin
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re not wrong, the section on their website about how they represent our fans hasn’t been updated for two and a half years ... so we don’t really know what they are doing now?

If not raised by anyone else, I will mention this later 

• Flames 1

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you click on the news tab it has what’s been going on lately there. I agree it could be formatted/laid out better though. https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/category/news/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The milestones page has been updated recently, including us signing an MOU with the club...

http://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/milestones/

• SC&T Board Members
15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Full minutes of all 2021 meetings can also be found here: http://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/category/minutes/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pezo said:

As supporters we should be challenging and working with the club on a number of issues.  Apologies if some of these points have been discussed with the club previously.

1. All Pricing including what we charge away fans.

2.  Increasing attendances at Ashton Gate and away from home.

3.  Could we pick one away game each year and offer free travel.

4.  Improving the atmosphere at AG.

5. Renaming of South Stand.

6. Next steps on safe standing.

7. Terry Cooper tribute.

8. Lack of Bristol City branding on the outside of Ashton Gate.  The club have done a fantastic job with the concourses etc.

15 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

As supporters we should be challenging and working with the club on a number of issues.  Apologies if some of these points have been discussed with the club previously.

1. All Pricing including what we charge away fans.

2.  Increasing attendances at Ashton Gate and away from home.

3.  Could we pick one away game each year and offer free travel.

4.  Improving the atmosphere at AG.

5. Renaming of South Stand.

6. Next steps on safe standing.

7. Terry Cooper tribute.

8. Lack of Bristol City branding on the outside of Ashton Gate.  The club have done a fantastic job with the concourses etc.

Yes so what’s the position the SC&T hold on all the above? We can’t say we just want to talk about these things we have to have positions that counter the club.

1. what does the SC&T think is a reasonable maximum and minimum for fans to pay?

2. how do the SC&T think attendances can be increased home and away?

3. Now there is a tangible request what are the club doing about it? what are the SC&T doing to advertise this position, how are they getting fans behind them on this?

4. Back to what is the tangible thing the SC&T would like?

ect.
and then how are pressing the club to make any of this a reality?

sorry if this covered elsewhere, I haven’t seen it but you see where I’m going with it, if feels like chat about what the club is/should/could/would do rather than this is what we want as fans and this is what we’re going to do about it, what is the club going to do about it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Full minutes of all 2021 meetings can also be found here: http://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/category/minutes/

Thanks - but as I said, the section on your website about how you represent our fans hasn’t been updated for two and a half years - it still mentions the Atyeo statue and the action against the West Mids Police - it seriously needs updating to maintain any credibility...

• Admin
11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks - but as I said, the section on your website about how you represent our fans hasn’t been updated for two and a half years - it still mentions the Atyeo statue and the action against the West Mids Police - it seriously needs updating to maintain any credibility...

Was raised as promised and will be looked into. 

Having looked at the site, the information is there, it's just being familiar with where you look to find it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1