IGNORED

Fulham away Robins TV audio

Norn Iron

13 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

BCFC will never learn. When it was managed by PremiumTV we could choose other matches to listen to throughout the week. Their service wasn't great but with bcfc deciding to go it alone, not only do we lose the choice of other matches but we have to suffer a poorer product.

If anyone from BCFC is reading this thread, stop treating us as second class customers.  Admit you've got it wrong by going it alone and go back to Premium TV (or whatever it's called now).

The EFL has also moved away from PremiumTV.

Their new iFollow service also doesn't allow you to access other games - only those of the club you are subscribed to. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I suppose it could still be the RobinsTV feed depending on how they distribute the video, but if your wifi & VM broadband are rock soild at all times then I'd say it's likely to be the VPN server getting overloaded. Can you change the server location in Opera? Try that. Also it doesn't hurt to get a back up VPN to try if the connection gets bad - I use windscribe. And I had to change the server location in that as the default one was getting overloaded. Good luck.

Thanks, in Opera you can only select continents eg "Europe", "America's" etc.. However I also have a VPN option in my Norton antivirus package so I'll try using that next time and see if it makes a difference. I looked online and there are a few comments re the VPN in Opera having slowed down recently so that might be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I suppose it could still be the RobinsTV feed depending on how they distribute the video, but if your wifi & VM broadband are rock soild at all times then I'd say it's likely to be the VPN server getting overloaded. Can you change the server location in Opera? Try that. Also it doesn't hurt to get a back up VPN to try if the connection gets bad - I use windscribe. And I had to change the server location in that as the default one was getting overloaded. Good luck.

I use Windscribe, usually Frankfurt Castle, sometimes Canada Old Port, but that seems to have been replaced by some others that I’ve not tried yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, COACH2 said:

Finally got a reply from customer support

I can let you know that we are currently having some brief technical issues regarding the broadcast of the feed so we are having to use another audio to give the commentary. We apologise for this happening and the service will resume as soon as possible. 

Did that have anything to do with the power cut at the ground, do you think?

Downsy has just very kindly replied to my email I sent him on Saturday just after ko.

Here's his reply....

I can’t remember why, but we weren’t providing Radio Bristol on the audio feed for the Fulham game, so you guys got the Robins TV output instead.

Hope it didn’t spoil it too much for you.