IGNORED

Interesting article on Reading from Ben Fisher

chinapig

Gives you some perspective to our issues.

Firstly this confirms Moore is on £35k a week & that he is “amongst” their highest earners, so not alone. Wow.

Secondly there is clearly an issue with several absentee Chinese owners (West Brom & Birmingham to name two others).

Finally Reading are a club where support vanishes pretty quick, they have an inflated view of themselves based on the Coppell years but poor results, a horrendous wage bill & disinterested owner is a toxic mix.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My concern is that, should Reading continue their freefall, then, unless Peterborough can grab a few wins pretty rapidly, WRDC might yet pull of their great escape.

I have always thought the siege mentality will help them survive. Not any longer. They will have to sell players and now looks like like WR may be off to rename Everton WRE.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 14:00, GrahamC said:

Gives you some perspective to our issues.

Firstly this confirms Moore is on £35k a week & that he is “amongst” their highest earners, so not alone. Wow.

Secondly there is clearly an issue with several absentee Chinese owners (West Brom & Birmingham to name two others).

Finally Reading are a club where support vanishes pretty quick, they have an inflated view of themselves based on the Coppell years but poor results, a horrendous wage bill & disinterested owner is a toxic mix.

Being local to Reading FC, I see this last part a huge amount. The amount of fans that live in Berkshire who support London clubs is high. When Reading did have success, many adopted Reading as their second team, to enjoy Premier League football and then deserted them thereafter.

No doubt if/when that success returns - they will come back in their droves.

Much can be said about Bristol as a City, and as a club we have our own issues, but the loyalty of our fanbase for a Southern team is actually quite good. Each time I drive back up the M4 after witnessing another 97th winner conceded at home, I am miserable until I arrive and come off at junction 11 and see the Madjeski stadium and think to myself - 'it could be far worse!'.  

• Like 2