IGNORED

4 of 5 Summer signings injured.

Waconda

48 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Our awful injury rate in the latter days of Johnson and during Holden’s tenure were very much put down to poor practice within the club, but we seem to be in the same situation now.  I thought we had sorted this with significant changes to the medical team, but we seem to be getting the same high level of non-contact muscle injuries.  As the question was being asked two or three years ago, can this really be put down just to bad luck?

My view is that “generally” whilst still seeing injuries we are seeing less long term ones, we are seeing players being coaxed back carefully.

Of last season’s long term injuries, O’Dowda - has been a regular bar his contact injury on the opening day, Martin - has been available every game, playing 90 in most (almost all), Williams - arrghhh, frustrating, let’s see how he’s managed from this point, and Weimann - amazing recovery from ACL.

Im not saying Rennie is great or Rolls was Harold Shipman, but I do sense a general improvement, but it’s not gonna be overnight.

There are of course others too that have had injuries:

Tanner - recurring hamstring, as he adjusts to the demands of this level training and matches

King - see above, but also perhaps lack of game time in the past 2 seasons not helping

Baker - concussion, not a lot you can do about that

James - foot injury made worse by a kick

etc

Never gonna have no injuries, the key is not having 3 CMs out at the same time…so Williams better keep himself fit whilst James readies himself and King is injured.

Perhaps one to reflect again later in the season.

• Like 2