IGNORED

Luton Town away match day thread

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Yep.  He can't play at that level 3 times in a week.  It's proven and I don't get why we don't rotate when we have midweek games.  

Totally this. A fresh Chris Martin is an asset, Chris Martin with weariness still in his legs from playing a few days prior is not. Part of the reason we have not created a goal scoring opportunity tonight. The wasted 2 on 2 break really showed that.

Edited by old_eastender

Typical city can’t score when they are on top. Then concede a soft goal. 

Goals have gone to Weimann’s head. He has tried some real daft things tonight. Trying too hard I’d say. Playing behind the strikers but he has to realise he has an 18 and a 20 year old trying to hold down the midfield. He needs to help but reckon he could be our furthest forward on average tonight. 

Martin looks like he needs a rest again. His passing has been pretty dreadful for his standards too. 

Semenyo not linking with either one. Also does not seem as energetic. 

No complaints with Scott, Massengo, COD, Dasilva, Kalas or Pring. 

Max needs to do better for the goal. Also some dodgy kicks. Could be Bentley’s chance coming up soon? 

Vyner I think has just had to be counted on far too much. Not really for this level but should be cover. Thrust in for a lot of this season because of injuries and such. Need to sign Klose now though. Vyner needs a mental refresh from the bench. 

• Like 3

Dominated the game but did not really make any clear cut chances, and then go behind to a very poor goal to concede (there only shot on target??‍♂️) which either max should just take or should be defended properly....

We need to be more direct and start shooting more often otherwise it's gonna be another disappointing outcome ...

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Yeah Scott and Dasilva trying to pick up their big man and neither got close.

Max not great but, personally, I think that want as easy a take as some are suggesting. 

He’s got to be at least punching that ball away there - no excuse for me to concede that goal 

• Like 1

Well for 40 minutes I was going to write a really positive comment at HT.

Slick passing, confidence on the ball playing from the back, some skills and a lot of energy.

Completely undeserved goal but that’s what happens when you switch off. Interesting take on that goal, 2-3 players were busy chatting and laughing with their opposite number instead of working out who was marking who. With Vyner off someone needed to pick up Rea? (Long haired number 6) - it wasn’t until just as they went to take it that COD decided to ask who Zac had been marking, cue confusion, Jay coming to mark the number 6 and no one paying attention to Lockyer

Other than that, it’s been nearly all City but nothing clinical in the final third. No idea what those crosss were like from this position but keeper hasn’t been tested.

If I was hyper critical Max looks shaky, sometimes comes then stops or stops then comes for it. Zac started a bit shaky but looked better as it went on. Jay too one footed in the final third.

Positives though, Cam Pring looking very good, Scott as usual very good on the ball. Him and Massengo are loveLy in midfield. COD causing his man havoc and the defence have generally dealt well with the big two up top.

If we can do more in the final third it’s still ours to go and win second half

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Goals have gone to Weimann’s head. He has tried some real daft things tonight. Trying too hard I’d say. Playing behind the strikers but he has to realise he has an 18 and a 20 year old trying to hold down the midfield. He needs to help but reckon he could be our furthest forward on average tonight. 

Martin looks like he needs a rest again. His passing has been pretty dreadful for his standards too. 

Max needs to do better for the goal. Also some dodgy kicks. Could be Bentley’s chance coming up soon? 

Vyner I think has just had to be counted on far too much. Not really for this level but should be cover. Thrust in for a lot of this season because of injuries and such. Need to sign Klose now though. Vyner needs a mental refresh from the bench. 

Vyner has been fine I think. Just the one occasion on the far side where they got in a for a corner…

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Vyner has look good and played well.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Vyner has been fine I think. Just the one occasion on the far side where they got in a for a corner…

Yes but it is the situation. He puts us in 2-3 a game that make it hard to defend. Don’t get that with Kalas nor Pring. I like Vyner and think he has been unlucky with his versatility. Never could pin down a spot. He just can’t go 90 minutes without a bad decision or poor bit of defending. 

Sorry to say it.....but as much as i like Max, after tonight and his lack of domination from crosses on Saturday.....I think Bentley should come back in.  We should be still 0-0, but for woeful defending.  We have played well, but still lack bite upfront........maybe we need Suarez...Ha!..

Edited by maxjak