IGNORED

U23s v Charlton today

Malago

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

If its a young team fair enough, but being outclassed by charlton

Not “if” we have 15 year olds playing, several of theirs are 20.

We have the vast majority available to play for this team on their way to Luton.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not “if” we have 15 year olds playing, several of theirs are 20.

We have the vast majority available to play for this team on their way to Luton.

Well it was an if for me as I didn't see the line up to start and whenni did didnt recognise a few names

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Well it was an if for me as I didn't see the line up to start and whenni did didnt recognise a few names

Just to help you out, Wiles-Richards, Towler, Scott, Benarous, Conway, Bell & even Massengo & Semenyo are all young enough to be eligible to play in this team but aren’t because they are travelling to Luton. Josh Owers is rumoured to have gone up there too.

The commentator has already said one lad is 15 & his strike partner is 17.

People make this sort of comment & can’t be bothered to think about it, but are quick enough to make a “we’re being outclassed” one.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just to help you out, Wiles-Richards, Towler, Scott, Benarous, Conway, Bell & even Massengo & Semenyo are all young enough to be eligible to play in this team but aren’t because they are travelling to Luton. Josh Owers is rumoured to have gone up there too.

People make this sort of comment & can’t be bothered to think about it, but are quick enough to make a “we’re being outclassed” one.

Yeboah 15 Knight-Lebel 16 Seb Palmer-Houlden 18 (1st Jan) Backwell 18 Prince Henry 18. Omar Taylor-Clarke 18 Nathaniel Williams 18. I can't find and age on Ben Acey, it seems we have just signed him from Guernsey this month (another Alex Scott?) 

Palmer-Houlden is going to be a big lad if he is only 18, I think only Cundy looks taller than him. Will Buse is also U18 he looks so comfortable with the ball at his feet, but I hope he has some growing to do, I think a bigger goalkeeper would have tipped that shot over the bar. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't find and age on Ben Acey, it seems we have just signed him from Guernsey this month (another Alex Scott?) 

He was 17 when being reported as about to make his Guernsey debut in October so will be 17 or 18- https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-10-01/guernsey-fc-ready-for-first-competitive-game-in-19-months

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I

May as well do away with the u23's then

• Confused 7
  • Hmmm 1

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Brilliant comeback.

Embarrassing isn't it? why some posters can't just hold their hand up and say they were in the wrong is beyond me. Digging an even bigger hole with inane comments like that is even worse.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Embarrassing isn't it? why some posters can't just hold their hand up as say they were in the wrong is beyond me. Digging an even bigger hole with inane comments like that is even worse.

Auditioning for Prime Minister?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I like the look of James Taylor, he could be a little more careful with his distribution, but he is taller than our usual right backs, quick and reads the game well to cover in behind the centre halfs.

He got skinned time and time again against Richard Chin in the opening 25 mins, but in fairness he battled back well.  When I’ve seen him play it’s usually been RCB3 so not sure if he’s a RB or CB?

As for the game itself, we were outclassed in the first 20-25 minutes, but we stuck at it, and they scored their opener during our best spell of the first half.

As for the individuals:

• Will Buse - made some good saves, distribution fine imho
  • James Taylor - as above
  • Jamie Knight-Lebel - I really like this kid (might still be 16), and he impressed me again today.  Reminds me of Markus Babbel the Liverpool and German RB / CB
  • Robbie Cundy - did what he had to, composed on the ball, looks like he’s still easing himself back and not going too full-on.  His first full 90 too.
  • Nathaniel Williams - I thought he had a good game, looks better at LB than LCB3.
  • Ben Acey - Guernsey Trialist (not sure if he’s signed or not), the game passed him by for large chunks
  • Tommy Backwell - had a tough opening 20, but after that I thought he drove us on well, got lots of niggly tackles in.
  • Prince Henry - quiet game, but did better second half
  • Omar Taylor-Clarke - held the midfield together early on, but then quieter from then on, worked hard though
  • Ephraim Yeboah - still 15 I think, showed he has good technique but found it hard against much older opponents
  • Seb Palmer-Houlden - another that grew into the game, mobile striker who caused them probs in the second half. Got our goal too following up a shot
  • Subs: Olly Thomas - looked good when he came on, put himself about, had the shot that led to the goal

I didn’t catch the other subs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He got skinned time and time again against Richard Chin in the opening 25 mins, but in fairness he battled back well.  When I’ve seen him play it’s usually been RCB3 so not sure if he’s a RB or CB?

As for the game itself, we were outclassed in the first 20-25 minutes, but we stuck at it, and they scored their opener during our best spell of the first half.

As for the individuals:

• Jamie Knight-Lebel - I really like this kid (might still be 16), and he impressed me again today.  Reminds me of Markus Babbel the Liverpool and German RB / CB
  • Robbie Cundy - did what he had to, composed on the ball, looks like he’s still easing himself back and not going too full-on.  His first full 90 too.
  • Nathaniel Williams - I thought he had a good game, looks better at LB than LCB3.
  • Ben Acey - Guernsey Trialist (not sure if he’s signed or not), the game passed him by for large chunks
  • Tommy Backwell - had a tough opening 20, but after that I thought he drove us on well, got lots of niggly tackles in.
  • Omar Taylor-Clarke - held the midfield together early on, but then quieter from then on, worked hard though
  • Ephraim Yeboah - still 15 I think, showed he has good technique but found it hard against much older opponents
  • Seb Palmer-Houlden - another that grew into the game, mobile striker who caused them probs in the second half. Got our goal too following up a shot
  • Subs: Olly Thomas - looked good when he came on, put himself about, had the shot that led to the goal

Yes I missed the opening quarter so didn't see Taylor at his worst, but as you say, not sure he is a right back really. I was also surprised to see Prince Henry at what seemed to be left wingback? I thought he was a striker and that's where he finished the game. Agreed about Olly Thomas, a comparison to Antoine seems lazy, but I actually think it's fair in this case,  he looked strong, quick and direct. 

I think Palmer-Houlden could be a 'baller as the kids say, and as I say it's worth looking at the others in the younger age groups before commenting on those that have been released, on that showing Britton would be just stealing minutes off the better prospect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I missed the opening quarter so didn't see Taylor at his worst, but as you say, not sure he is a right back really. I was also surprised to see Prince Henry at what seemed to be left wingback? I thought he was a striker and that's where he finished the game. Agreed about Olly Thomas, a comparison to Antoine seems lazy, but I actually think it's fair in this case,  he looked strong, quick and direct. 

I think Palmer-Houlden could be a 'baller as the kids say, and as I say it's worth looking at the others in the younger age groups before commenting on those that have been released, on that showing Britton would be just stealing minutes off the better prospect.

Yep, it’s a bit like some posters coming on here criticising when we lost to QPR u23s and they had Sam Field, George Thomas etc playing.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As for the individuals:

Pretty much spot on …… Taylor was roasted early on and then they swapped the wing backs.  Thought as you say he came back into the game very well.  Cundy coasted the game and just to confirm Klose was watching the game in full city attire.  He was due to start as of last night so no idea what changed.