IGNORED

Recruitment - Huddersfield

Davefevs

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

This is bordering on negligence by SL and the board.   Investing in the right structure would be peanuts compared to playing staff and would actually save money by getting recruitment right.   Bewildering.  There may be some fleeting success if we get lucky with signings, but I cannot see any sustained progress without it which is quite depressing.   

When Nigel was asked about this he said we would not be appointing a DoF. What we don't know of course is whether he agreed with that decision.

41 minutes ago, chinapig said:

When Nigel was asked about this he said we would not be appointing a DoF. What we don't know of course is whether he agreed with that decision.

I do have faith in NP but that's the tail wagging the dog.  A DoF should be in place and the manager answerable to him.  All this is down SL. Fucking shit show.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

I do have faith in NP but that's the tail wagging the dog.  A DoF should be in place and the manager answerable to him.  All this is down SL. Fucking shit show.  

I tend to agree in principle but once Nigel is in place it becomes a question of whether he wants to work with a DoF. Maybe he would like a head of recruitment accountable to him rather than a DoF to whom he is accountable. Or indeed neither. We don't know.

As to appointing managers, Steve isn't going to delegate that even to someone much more expert than him. Which brings us back to why we have no DoF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I tend to agree in principle but once Nigel is in place it becomes a question of whether he wants to work with a DoF. Maybe he would like a head of recruitment accountable to him rather than a DoF to whom he is accountable. Or indeed neither. We don't know.

As to appointing managers, Steve isn't going to delegate that even to someone much more expert than him. Which brings us back to why we have no DoF

I guess that’s what he has with Sean Gilhespy.  Not sure if he reports into Nige or RG, but a dotted line into one of them, and a straight line into the other.

I do think Nige is performing a role wider than first team manager, he’s doing a lot of work setting and implementing the strategy of the football side, but not in the financial / commercial aspects.

If Nige is comfortable with Gould on the deal side of football, then putting another person in between isn’t necessary (at this point).  Their offices are on opposite ends of the room, with the recruitment and performance analysts on two banks of desks in between, so easy to have regular dialogue..

• Like 3