IGNORED

Robins Reunited - Wayne Allison & Junior Bent

3 Peaps In A PodCast

Robins Reunited - Wayne Allison & Junior Bent - 1990’s Bristol City Icons from Huddersfield - Stories on Goals, Assists, Team mates, Managers, Liverpool, Buster, Beryl, Ken and… Pisa ?

Podbean - https://bit.ly/3KJWmpF

Spotify - https://spoti.fi/3rWkqwH

Apple - https://apple.co/34dHcbu

YouTube (clips) - https://bit.ly/3u16fcq

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

What 2 lovely blokes they are, was always a big fan of Wayne & Junior was someone who you could never accuse of not giving everything.

Not going to point out the couple of places where their recollections & that of the guy asking them are a bit off beam, just great to hear from them both again.

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Still remember that Hat trick was it against Birmingham at AG?

It was, “marked” by Richard Dryden.

When Wayne was in form he was unstoppable, listening to this you also realise what a smart bloke he is, able to analyse what & who he learned from to improve his game.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was, “marked” by Richard Dryden.

When Wayne was in form he was unstoppable, listening to this you also realise wha smart bloke he is, able to analyse what & who he learned from to improve his game.

Seem to remember being in the open end and it poured down!

I guess I’ll go against the grain here and say I thought it was one of the poorest to date. 

Lots of laughing and chat but nothing really surfaced of note and not really anything we didn’t already know.

Also, this doesn’t work as an audio only podcast when so much of it refers to video clips. 

I certainly appreciate the Robins Reunited series though, do keep them coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That saddened me on here when someone mentioned they met nicky morgan, and he has never been asked back once.

I find that shocking.

For me he is the one of the most underrated City players of the last 30+ years.

Genuinely think for us he was better than Dziekanowski, equally good technique but he actually played for the team, he scored a decent amount, created just as many & his touch & awareness were top level.

Always remember he got recalled from a loan spell (Exeter?) after injury when we sold Andy Cole & he then got a vital winner in the next game at Birmingham, he also scored the goals that got us up after Super Bob got injured in 89/90.

From an era when a West Ham Academy product meant a quality footballer.

Very sad that the club has not recognised his efforts for us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Imagine getting one of these on the pitch at ht on saturday.

Or even a legend like bob taylor.

Steve or jon if your reading this a gesture like this can change a atmosphere in seconds.

The roof would come off.

I don't think they want people waiting in the stands when they could be on the concourse consuming.

I think you might also be over egging how much people are interested in previous players, I like them on podcasts telling stories but I have no interest in just seeing them stand on the pitch and wave, to say the roof would come off is a vast overstatement unless I have missed some irony in your post.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That saddened me on here when someone mentioned they met nicky morgan, and he has never been asked back once.

I find that shocking.

Might have been me. He was working as a taxi driver and gave me a lift home from Lulsgate in 2015. Top man, happy to chat about his time at the Gate and how much he enjoyed it. But he did say he’d never been invited back despite living up in Redland since leaving us. 

As @GrahamCpoints out, he scored some vital goals for us and did a great job - think we might have signed him for £30k? Which was great business, particularly with God pulling up lame against Crewe in 89/90 and Morgan stepping in. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I find that shocking.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

For me he is the one of the most underrated City players of the last 30+ years.

Genuinely think for us he was better than Dziekanowski, equally good technique but he actually played for the team, he scored a decent amount, created just as many & his touch & awareness were top level.

Always remember he got recalled from a loan spell (Exeter?) after injury when we sold Andy Cole & he then got a vital winner in the next game at Birmingham, he also scored the goals that got us up after Super Bob got injured in 89/90.

From an era when a West Ham Academy product meant a quality footballer.

Very sad that the club has not recognised his efforts for us.

I think we are both members of the NMAS (Nicky Morgan Appreciation Society).

• Like 1