IGNORED

Any Lawyers / Legal bods on here?

Maesknoll Red

Hi - I know from previous posts that you are an angler. If you are talking about match fishing competitions have you seen the link on Maggotdrowners about match insurance: 

Angling Insurance for Clubs - Mead Sports and Leisure Insurance (sportsinsurancemead.com)

Of course this could be something completely different in which case :facepalm: 

Edited by Reigate Red

• Admin
1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

Hi - I know from previous posts that you are an angler. If you are talking about match fishing competitions have you seen the link on Maggotdrowners about match insurance: 

Angling Insurance for Clubs - Mead Sports and Leisure Insurance (sportsinsurancemead.com)

Of course this could be something completely different in which case :facepalm: 

It is, but not for clubs, I was wondering the potential liability for open competitions organised by an individual on a commercial venue that has its own liability insurance.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Common sense would suggest (to me at least) that you have no liability as the venue and it's upkeep is not your responsibility.  Could you possibly draft a disclaimer statement and get competitors at each match to sign?

However the law and common sense do not always go together.

Well, that’s the reason for the question, it’s all adults, participating with their own equipment, so I wouldn’t have thought the many organisers of small competitions all over the country would be liable, but it would be good to know for sure.  I’ve tried looking on the web, but all that points to is companies that will sell insurance, but I’m not likely to pay for insurance (nor are many other organisers) as we get nothing from organising the competitions (apart from being able to take part paying the same entry as the others).