IGNORED

Terrible Refs

The Original OTIB

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Gavin Ward totally bottles a clear red then the guilty Huddersfield player scores. Now missing clear pen for Stoke. Shocking standard at our level. 

Glad he’s returned to his normal form.  Joint worst ref with Davies in the Champ.

Stoke having a poor run, thought they be playoff material.

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

"You're not fit to referee" from the Stokites :)

A Gas supporting made told me they have Keith Stroud in charge tomorrow. Good times.

Stroud surely the winner of worst referee in the football league! Seems to have been around for donkeys years. Him and Gavin Ward the worst I’ve ever seen consistently 

Haven’t we had them all this season?

Can’t remember Kieth Stroud refereeing us so far this season so maybe ? another awful ? home or away day awaits us ! I could be surprised by a magical performance by the Stroud but not holding my breath! 
Hopefully we will not get Andy Davies again this season 

15 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

"You're not fit to referee" from the Stokites :)

A Gas supporting made told me they have Keith Stroud in charge tomorrow. Good times.

Well, lets hope this happens when they get their inevitable penalty;

On 5 April 2017, Stroud refereed an EFL Championship match between Newcastle and Burton Albion. At 29 minutes, Dwight Gayle went down in the penalty area, and a penalty kick was awarded and put into the net by Matt Richie. Gayle had encroached the penalty area before the ball was hit, so this goal was disallowed. Under Law 14, if the goal was scored, the penalty should be retaken. Instead, in this instance, Stroud gave a direct free kick to Burton Albion. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

What’s the name of the Australian referee, who was once miked up in a game?

I had great hopes for him, but have been disappointed whenever I have seen him lately.

Jarred Gillett ?

Only had 5 games this season (not sure how up to date this list is);

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/home.sd?comp_id=2

What I don’t get about the Andy Davies business was that he was down to ref us again at Luton in the week but we were told that the reason he didn’t get the game was that he couldn’t referee the same team in a 4 week period.

So what game did he have instead? QPR v Swansea, so that was clearly a right load of bollocks because he had reffed us AGAINST QPR!

From the Boris Johnson book of explanations, so a lie, basically.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What I don’t get about the Andy Davies business was that he was down to ref us again at Luton in the week but we were told that the reason he didn’t get the game was that he couldn’t referee the same team in a 4 week period.

So what game did he have instead? QPR v Swansea, so that was clearly a right load of bollocks because he had reffed us AGAINST QPR!

Saved the FA paying his travelling expenses, as he obviously gets to games on the QPR coach along with his mates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I believe the rule is that they are not allowed to take charge of the same teams within four weeks unless there are ´exceptional circumstances’.

Perhaps QPR considérés his performance against City as ‘exceptional’ and persuaded the EFL to give him the match.

• Haha 1