IGNORED

Incoming...

DaveInSA

Personally I was not completely convinced it was a pen for Semenyo, but even if it was it wasn’t a clear error IMO. 

As for Nige, I really fail to see what a tirade of of abuse at the ref achieves. Another fine, possibly a ban? A reputation as a complainer? None of which reallly helps the club. It doesn’t really matter if he’s in the right.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Personally I was not completely convinced it was a pen for Semenyo, but even if it was it wasn’t a clear error IMO. 

As for Nige, I really fail to see what a tirade of of abuse at the ref achieves. Another fine, possibly a ban? A reputation as a complainer? None of which reallly helps the club. It doesn’t really matter if he’s in the right.

It wasn’t exactly a tirade of abuse, was it? He voiced an opinion about a foul on Pring that led to their equaliser, and another opinion about a broader review into refereeing standards. Both are valid points. He hasn’t lambasted the referee personally, like he did with that idiot Andy Davies. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Massengo should have had pen before Martin shot wide. Player kicked back of his leg. 

Semenyo should have had one, but Preston should have had one from Pring's very strong push in the back.

Obviously Pring's as well at the end that cost us 2 points. The key decisions went against us.

But not only that, some of the letting the game flow and not giving fouls most refs would usually give shows the lack of consistency.

Playing the man should still be a foul. Yesterday the ref was randomly not giving fouls at times but then he would others.

There was a game earlier in the season at Ashton Gate that was like this. Even worse that day. Can't remember who that was against.

QPR ???

34 minutes ago, tin said:

It wasn’t exactly a tirade of abuse, was it? He voiced an opinion about a foul on Pring that led to their equaliser, and another opinion about a broader review into refereeing standards. Both are valid points. He hasn’t lambasted the referee personally, like he did with that idiot Andy Davies. 

The point is why criticise at all - it can only achieve negative things. There are plenty of managers who just refuse to comment.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

The point is why criticise at all - it can only achieve negative things. There are plenty of managers who just refuse to comment.

If you can’t voice an honest opinion without being punished then we might as well all give up and go home. I don’t think he’ll be punished for his latest comments, nor should he be IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Time for VAR across all divisions......I'll wait for the abuse but its right more often than wrong

Much as I hate to say it (not least because of the breaking up of play)- but I would be just about in favour overall of properly-implemented VAR in the Championship. By "properly-implemented" I would include some form of "referee's call" to try to avoid the "toe offside" style decision.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, semblar said:

Much as I hate to say it (not least because of the breaking up of play)- but I would be just about in favour overall of properly-implemented VAR in the Championship. By "properly-implemented" I would include some form of "referee's call" to try to avoid the "toe offside" style decision.

Yeh it definitely needs speeding up and simplifying. Don't know why you need a team of people at Stockley Park. Surely just the 4th official looking quickly at a replay would do it and maybe the ref if needs be.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It was a pretty appalling refereeing display against us on Saturday.

Should have had 2 pens on Semenyo.

Massengo was kicked from behind in the box. Maybe not kicked hard but all 3 might have been pens using VAR. 

Pring looked fouled to me at the end that cost us the game.

And if O'Dowda was the one given offside when going through and passing to Martin for an open goal then that was wrong too imo.

It’s a funny one….I’m pretty critical of refs….for getting lots of little things wrong.  Those that get the little things wrong, usually get the big things wrong too, i.e. they are all-round incompetent.

This guy I thought got the bits and pieces right, but bottled the big decisions.

Jon….Wyscout attributed the offside to COD.

B2F92187-A58D-4915-BCAB-8D8DA49DA6C1.thumb.png.0e338d36f825818af9212fe3f2da2d0c.png

I think it’s very tight…his head might be offside, but that’s the only thing I can see, unless the Lino is a split second late tracking the point of the pass, in which case he’s just offside.  Even VAR might struggle to get their lines right on this one!  Martin not influencing play.  

19AD149F-B886-4FE1-8573-A1CB65ADEE4F.thumb.png.7e79efd72da5ab8927ae695482fb2838.png

It can’t be Martin though.