IGNORED

Random Photo. Mansfield 1987 Wembley 18+ content

1960maaan

24 minutes ago, southside said:

We used to call Vicki's the last resort ?

Went there a few times for the last drink, when the pubs were closed but we weren't dressed for clubs.

Went in one night and bumped into an old school mate, we were about 3 years out of school so 18 ish. He was DJ , we started chatting and catching up. So much so he forgot the stripper was still walking up and down without a stitch on. She's frantically waving for him to end the track.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen, a naked woman doing the throat cut signal with one hand and trying get his attention with the other. Iy was a classy place, where the men went to the toilet in pairs. :laughcont:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I was just thinking the other day how you never see anyone climb up onto the roof of the stand like you used to at almost every game.

It was definitely inflamable material, full of flags and emblems, barbed wire love, you'd just go or it, fly the flag. The memories fade away, but back then it was roots, radicals, rockers and reggae, a brilliant wasted life, at the edge. Nowadays its like an alternative Ulster, just bits of kids with their suspect devices. Listen, it doesn't make it alright, but here we are nowhere, Gotta getaway. We're nobody's heroes. All the best.

Listen. I remember a lad ( probably a scaffolder) climbing up and along the structure of the stand to fly his City flag. I bet it stayed there until the stadium was demolished. 
Hanx 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 21:45, CiderJar said:

I was just thinking the other day how you never see anyone climb up onto the roof of the stand like you used to at almost every game.

It was definitely inflamable material, full of flags and emblems, barbed wire love, you'd just go or it, fly the flag. The memories fade away, but back then it was roots, radicals, rockers and reggae, a brilliant wasted life, at the edge. Nowadays its like an alternative Ulster, just bits of kids with their suspect devices. Listen, it doesn't make it alright, but here we are nowhere, Gotta getaway. We're nobody's heroes. All the best.

Hanx!

• Flames 1

On 31/01/2022 at 19:47, onehowie said:

I was on the girls coach...we pulled up alongside a double decker full of City nutters, they all piled to the one side of the top deck to get an eye full. The decker leant over so much I thought it was gonna topple over! Incidentally, the girls were from Chaplins strip club.

Ha ha, that was us lot. A double decker bus full of Barton Hill and Easton kids. We got pulled over on the way back and the poor driver had his details taken because of the drunken behaviour of some of his passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1