IGNORED

Could have, Should have

old_eastender

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Though vyner was the scapegoat now

For all his goals so far this season, I guess we should forgive him, but it was up there with Chris Iwelumo's miss for Scotland wasn't it?

But hey, some people would rather blame Cam Pring for not running the ball into the corner.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For all his goals so far this season, I guess we should forgive him, but it was up there with Chris Iwelumo's miss for Scotland wasn't it?

But hey, some people would rather blame Cam Pring for not running the ball into the corner.

I think people naturally like to apportion blame, particularly when we throw two points away. I'm not knocking Pring at all because he put in an excellent shift since forcing his way into the side but, if he wants to become an even better player, an accidental lack of professionalism (most mistakes are accidental) in a split second cannot be brushed aside and ignored because Andi Weimann missed a sitter earlier in the game (another accidental mistake). Football really doesn't work like that. The kid looks like a fast learner to me and I bet he doesn't get caught out like that again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

When I see misses like that I wonder if they are inherent to strikers because they are "programmed" to snatch at a shot if they have any sight of goal which is why they score so many but will also mean that they miss sitters.

Players who aren't natural strikers are more likely to only shoot when they have both the time to take a clean strike and a clear shot at goal so their goals per shots at goal ratio will be far better but it is the strikers who will be racking up the goals because they take every and any chance.

My theory is easily disprovable anyway!

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Weimann's was def not as bad as that! Def should have scored though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

+ he was fouled, like really clearly fouled 

If he goes to the corner, they get ball they score, is that is his fault too? I mean he didn't know exactly long left. 

Easy hindsight blame if you ask me. Can't do much if you are fouled. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The turtle said:

+ he was fouled, like really clearly fouled 

If he goes to the corner, they get ball they score, is that is his fault too? I mean he didn't know exactly long left. 

Easy hindsight blame if you ask me. Can't do much if you are fouled. 

I'm not sure he's fouled, I saw no complaints or appeals .
That said, and I'm repeating myself here, the best way to see a game out is to score again. He seemed to be running out of steam, he should have released the ball but hard to blame him in this position .

1570850695_Screenshot2022-02-02at09_58_02.png.97a33e9ff63e11e896782a08af61f857.png

You can argue he should drive straight forward, but if he was tiring it makes you think slower. If he has enough in him to run to the corner, he has enough in him to go direct to goal and shoot. I think he's struggling by this point. I think he's trying to commit the last defender, but is not aware how close the chasing man is. All if's and buts, we just seem to get punished for every poor choice at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Weimann's was def not as bad as that! Def should have scored though.

Not as bad, but bad enough. He's usually brilliant in those positions, calm as you could be. Just comes off of his heel.
This is as he hits the ball.

1293250185_Screenshot2022-02-02at09_54_26.png.d86748eee9908ce4a14469d6d042eb48.png

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I’m not going to blame anyone..but hey, I think others are well within their rights to blame Pring.

Completely different scenarios.

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not sure he's fouled, I saw no complaints or appeals .
That said, and I'm repeating myself here, the best way to see a game out is to score again. He seemed to be running out of steam, he should have released the ball but hard to blame him in this position .

1570850695_Screenshot2022-02-02at09_58_02.png.97a33e9ff63e11e896782a08af61f857.png

You can argue he should drive straight forward, but if he was tiring it makes you think slower. If he has enough in him to run to the corner, he has enough in him to go direct to goal and shoot. I think he's struggling by this point. I think he's trying to commit the last defender, but is not aware how close the chasing man is. All if's and buts, we just seem to get punished for every poor choice at the moment.

Not as bad, but bad enough. He's usually brilliant in those positions, calm as you could be. Just comes off of his heel.
This is as he hits the ball.

1293250185_Screenshot2022-02-02at09_54_26.png.d86748eee9908ce4a14469d6d042eb48.png

At first, to be honest I thought he was fouled, but was of the opinion some for, some against. But then I saw this angle which is basically the refs angle 

Check out here from 8m 40sec, from this angle it really does look an absolute stonewall foul. 

Bearing in mind it's the refs angle, how can he not give one? 

Weimann is key for us and probably exceeded all expectations this season, but the reason hes not in the premier league is is his touch can be a little”loose”,, that open goal is an example of what i mean… he can finish, but that instinct doesnt come naturally. Like with someone like tammy ( different levels obviously).

superb athlete though, which makes him important to us

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The turtle said:

At first, to be honest I thought he was fouled, but was of the opinion some for, some against. But then I saw this angle which is basically the refs angle 

Check out here from 8m 40sec, from this angle it really does look an absolute stonewall foul. 

Bearing in mind it's the refs angle, how can he not give one? 

Thanks for posting that - it is a clear foul. I want to see the xG for that equaliser - if you're going to get done with the last kick of the game, it may as well be by one of the best finishes you'll see for a while. And shame on those blaming Cam Pring - we should have been out of sight before half time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I thought the Preston player took Pring out from behind. Pring was shouting and thumped the floor in frustration.

He should have passed it earlier though and it's probably game over. It was a slightly bad touch with his right foot when dribbling that gave the Preston player the opportunity to catch up with him.

Potts had so much space down that side where Pring should have been and we could have done with Pring's pace back there.

It was a great goal but absolutely awful to concede like that. Vyner AND KALAS ESPECIALLY should have done better too imo.

I'm not really worried about Weimann's miss as those things happen. Thought he was decent first half. The frustrating thing about him wasnt the miss, but more his 2nd half performance where he kept giving the ball away. We could not keep the ball enough in that 2nd half. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Weimann is key for us and probably exceeded all expectations this season, but the reason hes not in the premier league is is his touch can be a little”loose”,, that open goal is an example of what i mean… he can finish, but that instinct doesnt come naturally. Like with someone like tammy ( different levels obviously).

superb athlete though, which makes him important to us

I have always said he isn't a natural finisher which is why his goal return over the years hasn't been that great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

- it is a clear foul.

I'm not sure how you can say clear foul from that. Ball goes with the direction of the tackle, I'm guessing that's what the Ref thought.
That said, there is doubt, why he tackles with his wrong leg who knows, looks clumsy . Ref's 12 yards away, got to give him the benefit here IMO.
I've looked dozens of times, and while I would obviously give it, it's not 100%.

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not sure how you can say clear foul from that. Ball goes with the direction of the tackle, I'm guessing that's what the Ref thought.
That said, there is doubt, why he tackles with his wrong leg who knows, looks clumsy . Ref's 12 yards away, got to give him the benefit here IMO.
I've looked dozens of times, and while I would obviously give it, it's not 100%.

I'm extremely biased, and I only see what I want. It's the only time I watched it back, and it looked like a tackle from behind and to me it looked like the Preston player took Cam Pring first. I'm not going to watch it back again in case I have to contradict myself :)

• Haha 1