IGNORED

Football Coin memorabilia

Parry85

Bristol City coin memorabilia collection  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone I’m currently looking into producing a Bristol City football coin collection. 

As I am waiting for the clubs permission to produce these coins I was hoping to gauge how popular they would be?

The collection would consist of 24 current first team player 3 club legends and 3 iconic moments of Bristol City’s history 

Please let me know your thoughts and if anyone would be interested in these if they were produced?

If you would like to see a graphic design of the coins check out footballcoins1 on Instagram 

Edited by Parry85
Update

29 minutes ago, Parry85 said:

Hi everyone I’m currently looking into producing a Bristol City football coin collection. 

As I am waiting for the clubs permission to produce these coins I was hoping to gauge how popular they would be?

The collection would consist of 24 current first team player 3 club legends and 3 iconic moments of Bristol City’s history 

Please let me know your thoughts and if anyone would be interested in these if they were produced?

Do you have any examples of either the designs you'd want to create, or the coins of any other clubs who have already done this sort of thing?

Might help people visualise what they are saying yes or no to.

(Not expecting any examples to be City related!)

31 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Yes I would,but as long as their not too expensive

Not good on instagram,can you display any images?

Not my place to share @Parry85's images, but here's the link to the instagram link.

https://www.instagram.com/footballcoins1/

Thinking about it, I'm not sure. I like the idea, I always thought yearly bubble gum cards or those little heads would be good, but it more stuff and you need somewhere to keep it. 

Would you be doing somewhere to hold them, like the Esso World Cup coins ?

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Yea it would be like the Esso World Cup coins or the Sainsburys England medal/coin collection well that’s the idea behind it.

My two boys collect match attax and panini stickers every year and I think coins are a better collectible than cardboard or stickers personally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Maybe but cost will be a factor. Good luck in choosing only 3 legends (it would be easier to choose 3 leg ends). I'd go for 3 true City legends and exclude any players who might be seen as legends elsewhere but whoever you choose you're going to upset people. 

Possibly put the legends to a vote 

4 hours ago, Parry85 said:

Current team would appeal more to the children I guess

Legends to the older fanbase

When I was a kid I used to listen to my dad tell me about old players, eventually ended up creating a legends team in FIFA.

It's a good learning opportunity for them.

10 hours ago, TBW said:

When I was a kid I used to listen to my dad tell me about old players, eventually ended up creating a legends team in FIFA.

It's a good learning opportunity for them.

Yea true I tell my kids about club legends and England legends I show them the sainsburys coin/medal collection I have from 1996 and 1998 and thought it would be nice to have their own collection rather than the stickers and match attax cards they collect currently 

4 hours ago, Parry85 said:

Yea true I tell my kids about club legends and England legends I show them the sainsburys coin/medal collection I have from 1996 and 1998 and thought it would be nice to have their own collection rather than the stickers and match attax cards they collect currently 

I guess, just a current season set only has one year of life in it. Legends set can be sold long term.

19 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Would you be doing somewhere to hold them, like the Esso World Cup coins ?

Still got my nice black fake leatherette coin album from the 1970 World Cup.  Sadly, most of the squad seem to have fallen out and gone AWOL over the years, but I've still got Francis Lee; Geoff Hurst; Colin Bell; Peter Bonetti and Terry Cooper. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Still got my nice black fake leatherette coin album from the 1970 World Cup.  Sadly, most of the squad seem to have fallen out and gone AWOL over the years, but I've still got Francis Lee; Geoff Hurst; Colin Bell; Peter Bonetti and Terry Cooper. ?

Yep, I`ve still got my Esso 1970 collection along with the football club badges one they did (I recall needing Charlton Athletic for ages to complete it and being so chuffed when I got one). Anyone remember the little white plastic busts of WC players you could get too? I think they were petrol-related as well.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yep, I`ve still got my Esso 1970 collection along with the football club badges one they did (I recall needing Charlton Athletic for ages to complete it and being so chuffed when I got one). Anyone remember the little white plastic busts of WC players you could get too? I think they were petrol-related as well.

Yeah. Were they BP?

Whichever retailer it was did a series of historical ones as well. I still have one somewhere of George Washington - and the United States didn't even qualify in 1970!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fake Leatherette , oo get you. All I have is Blue cardboard. Just went on eBay and a "new old stock" one is on for £100, mad.

1092364324_Screenshot2022-02-03at16_13_37.png.9080a045a32107eee34ea70235c5ef0d.png