IGNORED

Matt Bloomfield of Wycombe Wanderers - multiple concussions end his career

chinapig

Close to home for us too, Matt Bloomfield speaks eloquently and emotionally about the effect of repeated head injuries in football and the need to take them even more seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2022/feb/02/wycombe-matt-bloomfield-retires-i-forget-simple-words-it-scares-me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks for sharing.

I just think it's such an important issue and that football still isn't doing enough. Why should people like Matt have to raise money rather than the leagues and/or the PFA providing what is needed for instance?

I'm also with him on the need for proper concussion examinations being done away from the pitch to remove the pressure on all concerned to get it over with.

Let's hope he, Nathan Baker and players affected at all levels don't suffer serious consequences and that they get the support they need.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I just think it's such an important issue and that football still isn't doing enough. Why should people like Matt have to raise money rather than the leagues and/or the PFA providing what is needed for instance?

I'm also with him on the need for proper concussion examinations being done away from the pitch to remove the pressure on all concerned to get it over with.

Let's hope he, Nathan Baker and players affected at all levels don't suffer serious consequences and that they get the support they need.

Some credit for the PFA though:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/02/dawn-astle-dedicated-pfa-dementia-department