IGNORED

WBA appoint Steve Bruce

WWred

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The scenes when he takes them up and Newcastle go down...

People lauding the previous Manager until he proved to be pretty useless for West Brom and laughing at Bruce who has a track record getting teams out of this division which is what I thought West Brom were after? Funny old world sometimes..............and yes, how funny it would be and very realistically possible too if all these new signings don't hit the ground running.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

His target is promotion this season so time will tell. He was poor at Villa which is the last time he was in this league. I have my doubts that it’s a good appointment 

Poor? He took Villa to the Championship Play Off Final the ‘last time he was in this league’ - and he has taken both Hull City and Birmingham City into the premier league by winning promotion from ‘this league’ four times - Bruce is a solid appointment for the Baggies - good luck to him ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Poor? He took Villa to the Championship Play Off Final the ‘last time he was in this league’ - and he has taken both Hull City and Birmingham City into the premier league by winning promotion from ‘this league’ four times - Bruce is a solid appointment for the Baggies - good luck to him ...

Didn’t get Villa promoted despite having a quality squad. Poor.  Smith was much better 

Time will tell if it’s a good appointment. Happy to be proved wrong as I don’t really care!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Top manager at this level, his record speaks for itself?

• Like 3

He’ll do what WBA brought him in to do and that’s to get them up. Keeping them in the Prem will be a whole different kettle of fish and he’ll be gone by this time next season, with them languishing in the bottom three of the Prem. Then Woy, having been sacked by Watford, will have a go at keeping them up, on a short term contract. 

Edited by cityloyal473

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Can’t knock his record at this level to be fair, decent appointment IMO.

The reality is at this level he probably is a practical manager and yes, I can see him doing quite well at this level.

It's the same old though managers like this keep getting the jobs, then the clubs move to try and get somebody more fashionable in at the earliest opportunity. 

It's not long term nor is it exciting

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Solid appointment is what I thought. Knows his way out of this league

• Flames 1

Was really impressed with West Brom when we played them at their place. I think Ismael is a decent manager but was a poor fit for them. They have a lot of aging players which isn't great when you want to play his high pressing vertical football.

Not a huge Bruce fan but seems like a sensible appointment. 

7 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

He’ll do what WBA brought him in to do and that’s to get them up. Keeping them in the Prem will be a whole different kettle of fish and he’ll be gone by this time next season, with them languishing in the bottom three of the Prem. Then Woy, having been sacked by Watford, will have a go at keeping them up, on a short term contract. 

It’s ‘Roy’ - nothing personal but I don’t like how people ridicule a fine guy in this way, especially as he was the manager of our club when we were at rock bottom in our darkest hour ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s ‘Roy’ - nothing personal but I don’t like how people ridicule a fine guy in this way, especially as he was the manager of our club when we were at rock bottom in our darkest hour ...

I bet you’re fun at parties. 

Nothing personal. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Confused 1