IGNORED

Blackpool away match day thread

1 minute ago, pillred said:

And we have had our worst ever run of not winning at home as well both under NP, don't know what to say about both, most managers would have lost their jobs but for the mitigating circumstances.

You've basically answered your own statement with the mitigating circumstances...

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

From when it went to O'Dowda on the touchline would you have been happy for it to end up at Klose's feet for an easy clearance? 

Poor clearance from Klose totally...thats an error for the goal, but O'Dowda is again weak with his body and arms preceding it.  That is an unnecessary error, regardless of what happens after isn't it. You cannot let yourself be outmuscled there.  That's the basics of football I'm afraid. It happens too often with Callum.

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Dasilva out jumped for the 1st  as good as he has been going forward that's the problem at the back

Which to be honest is always going to be the issue with a full back who’s 5ft 6.

We are poor defensively as a unit though & been so most of the season.

Losing Baker & Atkinson not being the same player since his first spell before injury has hit us hard.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Poor clearance from Klose totally...thats an error for the goal, but O'Dowda is again weak with his body and arms preceding it.  That is an unnecessary error, regardless of what happens after isn't it. You cannot let yourself be outmuscled there.  That's the basics of football I'm afraid. It happens too often with Callum.

failings all over the pitch for the goal. O'dowda keeping the ball in , Klose scuffing the clearance, Dasilva and Kalas ball watching for the cross. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.ab2ff282bfcb7e2d61d6a55c229670c6.png
Played 541 last time out (Fulham away), but they’ve tended to go 442, especially at home.

If Madine plays then we mustn’t let him peel onto Pring.  If that happens I would suggest a quick change to 442, move Pring to LB and assign Klose to him with him and Kalas as a CB2.

O’Dowda (or whoever plays LWB) will have a big test against Bowler, and I will be looking to see if we can impose on him, but as a minimum stopping him may go a long way to getting the points.

Youd hope Martin and Semenyo can get some change out of Heck-Potato and Keogh…but Keogh usually plays well against us.

Garbutt at LB has a lovely left foot, but also rash in the tackle.  Can be got at.

Not far off was I?