IGNORED

Is it time to change our way of play away from home?

Major Isewater

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I love open attacking football but perhaps we need to be a bit more pragmatic away from Ashton Gate? 

As NP says we shouldn’t be having to score two goals just to get something out of a game so could we try to be more compact with one up top away or am I being naïve?

I'm not sure it's a question of the way we play more a constant stream of errors leading to goals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I love open attacking football but perhaps we need to be a bit more pragmatic away from Ashton Gate? 

As NP says we shouldn’t be having to score two goals just to get something out of a game so could we try to be more compact with one up top away or am I being naïve?

I actually think we pressed too high yesterday.  They pressed our CBs by cutting the passing lanes into midfield.  We pressed their keeper, and they bypassed us.  I think we should’ve sat in a bit and said “now break us down”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I didn’t see yesterday’s game so can’t comment on our overall performance, but looking at the highlights we were undone yet again by awful defending - the usual inability to deal with crosses and Pring being left exposed for the third goal. We really need to get back to basics with our defending. The goals we are conceding are so cheap. 

1 minute ago, Offside said:

I didn’t see yesterday’s game so can’t comment on our overall performance, but looking at the highlights we were undone yet again by awful defending - the usual inability to deal with crosses and Pring being left exposed for the third goal. We really need to get back to basics with our defending. The goals we are conceding are so cheap. 

On FBC Pod @Curr Avongave a good summary.  There wasn’t an awful lot between the sides, other than finishing and probably just as importantly desire to win battles. Bowlers goal versus Scott’s chance.  Hamilton’s goal versus Wells goal.

We need a bloody clean sheet from somewhere.

We do have to defend better….as a team.

• Like 3

Not only have we conceded 2 goals in our last 9 games, we have actually conceded 2 goals on 19 occassions this season.

That is 19 games where we would have needed to score 3 goals to win the game, and we have only managed that 4 times.

As other posters have mentioned what on earth are NP, PM, and Cf doing on a daily basis in training.

It makes the High Performance Centre seem like a total misnomer.

Come on you so called experts  EARN YOUR MONEY.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

On FBC Pod @Curr Avongave a good summary.  There wasn’t an awful lot between the sides, other than finishing and probably just as importantly desire to win battles. Bowlers goal versus Scott’s chance.  Hamilton’s goal versus Wells goal.

We need a bloody clean sheet from somewhere.

We do have to defend better….as a team.

can you have a Bloody clean sheet?

14 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

As other posters have mentioned what on earth are NP, PM, and Cf doing on a daily basis in training.

trying to eradicate mistakes I reckon.  Do you expect Klose to clear as poorly as he did, do you expect Kalas to get caught under the ball like he did.  In the main it’s individual mistakes / sometimes more than one individual costing us.

There are of course questions about whether the mix of zonal and man-marking is working, it was until fairly recently.

i’m sure they’re working very hard to stop these things happening.

It makes the High Performance Centre seem like a total misnomer.

Silly name, granted.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

If the sheets are red?

surely they are red at the top white at the bottom with a bit of red at the very bottom.  based on J macs arse size plenty of room for a non clean sheet. but it was good at blocking shots.