IGNORED

Guess we’ll never host the World Cup then

East Londoner

25 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

When you consider since 1966 Germany and even the US will have hosted it twice maybe we have to accept it’s not going to happen. I know some will blame what happens at the final of the euros but if that was the case they wouldn’t trust us with euro 2028

9076D469-ECFD-463E-82E3-1A872DDE49B3.png

Unfortunately, our country's ability to produce brilliant investigative journalism and a failure to sufficiently bribe delegates means just that. And yes, the latter part is a joke - I think.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Flames 1

Appreciate people would rather the World Cup but Euro 2028 in the UK would be wonderful. I've yet to be alive for us hosting a tournament, I can only imagine it ramps up the excitement knowing it's happening close to home in familiar grounds. I can picture the beer gardens in 28 degree heat already!

Edit - I was alive for us hosting a tournament, albeit I was very young and not interested.

Edited by BCFCGav

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

When you consider since 1966 Germany and even the US will have hosted it twice maybe we have to accept it’s not going to happen. I know some will blame what happens at the final of the euros but if that was the case they wouldn’t trust us with euro 2028

9076D469-ECFD-463E-82E3-1A872DDE49B3.png

Also Mexico would have hosted it (and co hosted it)three times.

I was four years old later in 1966 so have no recollection of the tournament. 

Just as an aside, but did anyone else hate the euros format last year where it was played in multiple different countries and host cities?

Always loved the one host format who never had to qualify alongside the previous winners.

Maybe I’m too much of a romantic but it annoyed me a bit- aside from the Azzuri winning it of course ?

• Like 1