IGNORED

Team for Weds

old_eastender

9 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Looks like Josh Owers could be on the bench on Wednesday.

Is that based on Curtis being asked about him?

If so I thought he was complimentary but non committal, Benarous has been on the bench for quite some while now so is clearly seen as above him in the pecking order, so there doesn’t seem much logic in him getting a go ahead of Aymen.

Surprised that he’s left footed, his Dad certainly wasn’t! Though that type of physical, energetic midfielder is exactly what we need right now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If so I thought he was complimentary but non committal, Benarous has been on the bench for quite some while now so is clearly seen as above him in the pecking order, so there doesn’t seem much logic in him getting a go ahead of Aymen.

Surprised that he’s left footed, his Dad certainly wasn’t! Though that type of physical, energetic midfielder is exactly what we need right now.

I guess it’s a bit of a surprise that Morton, now fit(ish) isn’t ahead of Owers.  Although with his future elsewhere, I guess “what’s the point”?

Edited by Davefevs

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Josh is a different player to Aymen - he is more of a defensive midfielder, breaking up play, fouling and easy passes.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess it’s a bit of a surprise that Morton, now fit(ish) isn’t ahead of Owers.  Although with his future elsewhere, I guess “what’s the point”?

Aren't  several of the current first team players futures "elsewhere" and they still get picked ?

NP has certainly not been shy of picking players he doesn't rate or want to keep up to this point.

Lack of numbers is a legitimate reason but Morton not being wanted long term shouldn't stop him from being picked if there is consistency.

OLeary

Kalas     Klose     Cundy

Scott                                              Pring

Williams     HNM

Weimann

Seymenyo               Wells

When our coach states in his pressie.........(now i know he has to be diplomatic? )   That the position of wing back suits O'Dowda,  and he is really on the front foot?..........Then  I  truly despair ?

Having watched the highlights 3 or 4 times.............I have to say that i am embarrassed for O' Leary and O'Doubtful for the first.....and Pring-le for the third ?

Edited by maxjak
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Aren't  several of the current first team players futures "elsewhere" and they still get picked ?

NP has certainly not been shy of picking players he doesn't rate or want to keep up to this point.

Lack of numbers is a legitimate reason but Morton not being wanted long term shouldn't stop him from being picked if there is consistency.

Maybe Morton is just too soon back from injury?

7 hours ago, VT05763 said:

OLeary

Kalas     Klose     Cundy

Scott                                              Pring

Williams     HNM

Weimann

I know Cundy came on at LCB3 v PNE but that was the first time he’s played left side at EFL level. Would you consider Klose instead, perhaps:

Cundy / Kalas / Klose (right to left)

OLeary

Kalas     Klose     Pring

Scott                                              Dasilva

Williams     HNM

Weimann

Think after recent good performance out of position Jay deserves a chance on the left, while Nakhi with a point to prove should provide energy and movement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe Morton is just too soon back from injury?

I know Cundy came on at LCB3 v PNE but that was the first time he’s played left side at EFL level. Would you consider Klose instead, perhaps:

Cundy / Kalas / Klose (right to left)

Yep either way but that combo.

We need to get a good spine to the team and for me, there are a few players I think are key to that;

Bentley (needs to dramatically improve his distribution and needs to be quicker to release the ball and cut out the punts upfield)

Kalas and Klose (they need to get used to each other, but they are both quality CBs at this level)

Williams and Massengo (James as well when fit, they offer a good deal of protection to the defence being first and second ball winners)

Weimann (his energy is key)

I was going to include Martin but I'm not sure that he can start every game and give the same level of performance.

Those are the key players imo and we fit others around them in a fluid/changeable formation.

So for Reading;

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Klose Pring

Scott Williams Massengo

Weimann

Semenyo Martin or Wells

Edit: forgot to include the front two !

Edited by bcfc01