IGNORED

Reading at home match day thread

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Totally agree. Apart from the one highlight (the goal) everything else was lowlights, losing HNM, two ****ked up short corners which failed to get a ball into the box, and in the first 43 minutes just one shot on target (Dasilva) against a 19 year old debutant goalkeeper. What odds on us keeping a clean sheet. 

Quite good odds if Reading play the same second half.

Apart from the early chance they had, we look comfortable at the back.

Hopefully not putting a jinx on it :shutup:

We just need to up the tempo and we could get a couple more imo.

Great timing for a goal. ?

Positives of the first half: result, nice defensive work, decent passing in defence &midfield, good impact by Williams. Negatives: our attacking play was mostly confused and uneffective, Massengo's injury (free agent needed soon? ? ) and refereeing (except for a foul not given against Klose, he gave them free kicks for almost every contact).

Mission for the second half: not concede or at least not more than 1 goal. :pray:

Edited by Dan Robin
Just now, Dollymarie said:

Depends on the night! I’m currently trying to get her to go to sleep so I can watch the second half in peace! 

Ours used to be fine sleeping while the babysitter was there but as soon as we got home they could sense we were back and having had 5 hours sleep that was us done for another 3 hours!

6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I believe it was Pring that made the run and pass.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. You’re right. 16 not 36. Well spotted. That makes me happy… starting to become a bit of a fan of CP!

Although, according to the BBC, ?:

Joe Williams slid Andi Weimann in with a fine through-ball, and when the Austrian's route to goal was blocked, he swivelled to put the ball on a plate for Antoine Semenyo.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Although, according to the BBC, ?:

Joe Williams slid Andi Weimann in with a fine through-ball, and when the Austrian's route to goal was blocked, he swivelled to put the ball on a plate for Antoine Semenyo.

Pretty sure it wasn’t Williams. I’m sure it was 16 and that Pring isn’t it?

• Flames 1
9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Totally agree. Apart from the one highlight (the goal) everything else was lowlights, losing HNM, two ****ked up short corners which failed to get a ball into the box, and in the first 43 minutes just one shot on target (Dasilva) against a 19 year old debutant goalkeeper. What odds on us keeping a clean sheet. 

I do agree, but I would also add we have been much organized defensively - particularly on set plays,