IGNORED

3 from 4 now.

Waconda

10 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Following Cardiff's win it must be 3 from the bottom 4 for the drop.

I'd like Posh to survive myself.

Looking at the average points per game of the bottom 4 and ignoring any upturn in form/ppg, the following is apparent (points rounded up);

Reading 39 points

Derby 39 points

Peterborough 33 points

Barnsley 23 points

For me, Peterborough and Barnsley are doomed and its a contest between Reading and Derby for the last relegation spot. I wouldn't like to put any money on it.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Looking at the average points per game of the bottom 4 and ignoring any upturn in form/ppg, the following is apparent (points rounded up);

Reading 39 points

Derby 39 points

Peterborough 33 points

Barnsley 23 points

For me, Peterborough and Barnsley are doomed and its a contest between Reading and Derby for the last relegation spot. I wouldn't like to put any money on it.  

Did you calculate the PPG for Derby and Reading before any points deduction then deduct this off at the end to obtain your final figure? (I suppose I could have checked myself by now ...)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Did you calculate the PPG for Derby and Reading before any points deduction then deduct this off at the end to obtain your final figure? (I suppose I could have checked myself by now ...)

The ppg included the points gained before having points deducted. It would give a false indication of form if the calculation was made after the points were deducted.

So Derby is 1.3 ppg (better than ours).

Reading is .97.

https://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england2  scroll down to the table.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yup. Could pull themselves out of trouble very soon. 

Ta-ta Reading.  Maybe your supporters can try and think of one original song when you're in L1. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A lot will depend on whether Reading can get Joao and Meite back up to speed and scoring soon. If not then they're bang in trouble provided Derby see out the season.

Thing is, and this is subjective, I think Reading have a much better squad/team than Derby (or us for that matter). Its just that they are in shit form at the moment. I'd expect that to pick up and at least match Derbys form.

Should be an interesting run in.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thing is, and this is subjective, I think Reading have a much better squad/team than Derby (or us for that matter). Its just that they are in shit form at the moment. I'd expect that to pick up and at least match Derbys form.

I think Derby had a number of midtable standard players, going into January- well they've lost some now but retained a fair few. Reading definitely are better than their current abysmal form though, seems like a rot has set in deep?

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Reckon so? Other than Ince and perhaps Rinomhota I wasn't impressed.  A tall squad. Not a very skilful squad.

Their defence was particularly at sixes and sevens. Whenever we ran at them, they flapped and backed off like a Bristolian EPL team fan asked to point to his side's home stadium on a map!

We endeavoured to screw it up by forgetting how weak they were at dealing with runs and instead attempting slow build-up play.  Even Bristol city couldn't stuff that one up though. They are doomed. 

From a totally selfish point of for me attending away games,the fewer long distance games I/we have to attend is better all round.

Barnsley,please leave with my blessing

Peterborough Derby approx three hour journeys

Reading one and half hours journey

Looking at the bottom of the top flight and top of the 1st division sends fills me with dread for next season.

We can still hope of winning promotion to the top flight next season,I won't care too hoots where we will be playing on a tuesday night

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Reckon so? Other than Ince and perhaps Rinomhota I wasn't impressed.  A tall squad. Not a very skilful squad.

Their defence was particularly at sixes and sevens. Whenever we ran at them, they flapped and backed off like a Bristolian EPL team fan asked to point to his side's home stadium on a map!

We endeavoured to screw it up by forgetting how weak they were at dealing with runs and instead attempting slow build-up play.  Even Bristol city couldn't stuff that one up though. They are doomed. 

Despite a really decent attempt to do so!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Posh and Barnslehh are down. I don’t particularly like Reading or Derby, so I’m not fussed who else goes.

Difficult, but I'd love Derby to go. Unless their administrator can string things out until the start of next season, at which point they liquidate. Then I'd like Reading to go.

It would make things easier if Posh went on a 10 game winning streak. Then the can both go.

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I'd like Reading to go down. Never really liked them, always seemed to beat us and have really crap fans who think they're bigger than they actually are. Would be a nice bit of humble pie for them to go into League 1

My thoughts exactly. In reality a small club with a shite plastic fanbase who have punched above their weight for years. 

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Derby will stay up. They're a more rounded team than Reading and have a lot more guile about them. The only player I really rate at Reading is Swift and they will need his football brain and skill if they are to run Derby close. 

Rooney certainly is!  He's on his way to giving Sam Allardyce,  Rafa Benitez, Barry Fry, Paul Jewell and Benny Lennartsson a run for their money.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I'd like Reading to go down. Never really liked them, always seemed to beat us and have really crap fans who think they're bigger than they actually are. Would be a nice bit of humble pie for them to go into League 1

They may well stay in L1 for a while if they go down. I think L1 is even harder to get out of than the Championship

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

They may well stay in L1 for a while if they go down. I think L1 is even harder to get out of than the Championship

For a club like Reading, certainly. The only attraction they have for players is they are located near London. They're a smaller fish than many L1 clubs (Portsmouth, Charlton, Sheff W, Sunderland, Bolton, Ipswich). It will depend on whether they keep some of their players but with their current financial situation, that looks unlikely as they have too many players too good for League 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Just an old time bang average Third Div club that got lucky.............see #bournemouth !

Yep.

I would like to see the bottom 4 and Bournemouth + Luton go down :rofl2br:

Not going to happen, obviously.

If Derby do stay up (good chance they will), it will seem like justice has not been served.

16 hours ago, DaveF said:

Derby look like by far the best of the 4 teams at the moment, I reckon they'll edge it.

I think so also. Despite the fact that I can't stand Rooney you have to give him credit for the job he's done footballing wise given the circumstances.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2022 at 16:07, BigTone said:

I think so also. Despite the fact that I can't stand Rooney you have to give him credit for the job he's done footballing wise given the circumstances.

Odd that so baby people dislike Rooney. Englands record goal scorer? Why the hate?

• Like 3